• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Water Conservation

CaddmannQ

Will TIG for Food
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
First off, it's pouring rain today, and here In Central California we've had five straight years of drought.

Hallelujah for the rain! The feds were only going to give our Farmers 5% of their normal water allocation this year.

Unfortunately on some trees the buds have not set yet. Those crops could be lost, but otherwise the ones that depend on lots of water are going to do better now.

California's economy often revolves around 3 very visible and very political things: high technology, Agriculture, and the entertainment/tourist industry.

Central California relies on agriculture, and agriculture is mostly about water in the desert; because except for 200 years of irrigation this place would be pretty much desert, with a marsh out in the middle of the Valley from time to time, when the flash floods brought mud down from the Hills.

Agriculture is dirty. Oh my God it uses real dirt! Anyhow, our leaders want to move this dirty business off to South America and Mexico and Australia and China and anywhere we can import import our food from and not grow it here . . . nasty diesel fuel . . . spending carbon credits . . . All those dirty Farm Workers . . . blah blah.

That's what's going through their elitist Minds.

Once they eliminate agriculture they can cover the Central Valley with Electric solar panels, and sell the power to the rest of the country (bankrupting the evil Pacific Gas and Electric Company in the process.)

A drought helps their agenda and they are going to release fresh water into the ocean on a continual basis from Northern California (where supplies are overflowing) and are refusing to send it to Southern California. They're refusing to even talk about this because it's such a crime they are bankrupting generations of farmers by stealing water with the state of California should be selling to them for a reasonable price.

But it's not about promoting the common good anymore it's about promoting the good of the elitist few evidently because they want their high-speed bullet train and not agriculture! Dirty Old Fashioned agriculture? Forget that.

Instead our leaders just want to turn California into a vacation Disneyland, where people from all over the world will come to ride on a high-speed bullet train from San Francisco to Los Angeles.

They're going to spend billions on this bullet train, ripping out Farms buying up people's land, tearing down buildings, moving freeways, and then it's going to be shut down five days a week because of terrorist bomb threats.

Nobody's ever going to be able to ride the God darn thing.

We have, by the way, in this area, a lot of displaced middle easterners and illegal aliens of every type. Virtually any threat will be considered credible.

Last edited:
Historically, large numbers of people have never lived in the desert really well.

Without electricity and water being pumped in from other locations, these metro centers will dry up and blow away (literally and physically).

Well California's metro centers are not really in the desert so much as it's the farming that's in the desert. That's what's going to dry up and blow away.

I wasn't just referring to California.

Probably. But Egypt wasn't always desert either.

no it wasn't , it was the bottom of the ocean once but its been a populated part of the desert for the past couple thousand years.....in fact , I would wager people lived in desert environments as long as any other environment
Unless you requiring me to read between the lines, in that case I don't get it lol

Last edited:
Well I can not tell you about who lived where, or when, in the desert; but water is always the key.

Some folks in California were betting on the drought to continue and this rain is costing them a lot.

I'll deal with it one way or the other.

Regarding water in central California I think they need to build a big canal.

At least 10 times bigger than the California Aqueduct. What we need is water storage and low pollution transportation.

All these solar panels they want to build can also power a series of zero pollution Canal boats to haul people and agriculture up and down the valley.

Irrigation from the canal would provide an environment along itself worth sustaining.

It would be a lot slower than a bullet train, to travel by canal boat, but it is certainly a lot more appealing than being jammed into a tin can shoulder to shoulder and shot down a track or a tube.

It is certainly a big factor in the political environment right now.

save-water-drink-beer-spar-wasser-trinke-bier-fun-party-s-xxl-t-shirt.jpg

I am glad I moved when I did. I only miss the job. Nothing else kept me there.

Hmm....besides not being able to meet you oli, there's nothing. :)

California has a bit of everything and it is a huge place.

I live in Fresno County & it's 6000 sq miles: bigger than Connecticut. It occupies maybe one 27th of the state of 164,000 sq miles.
200px-Map_of_California_highlighting_Fresno_County.svg.png

as awesome as that would have been ......I have seen your picture on the lake.......I know you like girls......that part of California, world class

Ha...yeah....there are some sweeties out there.

Back