• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Weekend Gun Show

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
My boy is turning 16 this week and to celebrate early we hit his favorite place for a philly cheese steak and then went to a gun show in York, PA. It is a pretty good size show and attendance is always strong. York is less than an hour from Baltimore and the anti gun state of Maryland so you get a lot of people that come up to buy banned magazines etc. We attended the last day so I was curious to see if it was getting like post Newtown.

I'm glad to report that even near the end of the show, name brand AR's were still to be had for as low as $550-$600. Magazines, depending on quality, were $12 and up. Ammo in bulk was also available and some of the "sale" prices were pretty decent. Thus far it doesn't seem to be a rerun of post Newtown although I suppose that could still change.

One funny side note. Last week the nearest moderately sized newspaper went ape over a gun store opening at the edge of the city. A lot of editorial space on their website had the usual liberal whining..."it's to close to a school" and "children will see the guns and think they are ok" ...blah blah blah. Girl scouts had a booth set up in the lobby of the gun show to sell cookies and they were making a killing. They were near the Vietnam Vets table and across from the bulk ammo guy. If the liberals only knew.

Back