• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Western Field 16D

sokenfused

Copper BB
I recently picked up a Wards Western Field the only identifying marks I can find on the barrel say
No. 16 D S-L-LR

It looks an awful lot like a Mossberg 26c. Except that it is a magazine fed bolt action, rather than a single shot.

The rear site is somewhat unusual a fairly heavy looking site that says "King" Pat. Aug 15, 33.

The front site actually folds to the side and has several different sites you can choose from, sort of like a Swiss Army knife site. I've never seen anything like it. It has a patent number of 2030312. I've looked up the patent, the drawings are similar but not exactly the site on my rifle. (Update: I just found information on a S-106 site. I think that is what I have, except that I am missing the hood) See Picture.

Can anyone help identify this rifle. Being the site patent is held by mossberg, and mossberg made .22's for under the Western Field name. I am assuming it has a cross over mossberg model.

I will attempt to get pictures and post them in the morning.

Attachments

• site-S106 (2).jpg
    site-S106 (2).jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 162
Welcome to MO, sokenfused. Some of them old finds are pretty cool but finding info on them is hard. I'm sure someone on here will be able to point you in the right direction.

In the meantime, enjoy the site.

Back