• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What Does Cabela's PA Have In Common With My Reloading Bench?

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Answer, we each have 5 lbs of powder in stock. The difference is that my jars are something someone would want.

Seriously, I was there today and asked where they moved the powder to. The guy pointed me to a shelf where they had 5, 1lb jars., none of which I recognized. The LGS near me all seem to be better stocked as of late.

What are you guys seeing? The LGS had me hoping things were easing up some with the exception of .22LR.

Wonder why the .22LR is the one caliber not showing up that much ?

Wonder why the .22LR is the one caliber not showing up that much ?

Low profit margin for manufacturers, plain and simple.

Even though demand for .22lr has continued to outpace availability they'd still rather invest time and materials into manufacturing calibers with a higher per unit return...

Yep - 22lr is NOT back in the StL region. There is one rural LGS that nearly always has stock and it is due to pricing.

I have some 22. I seldom go out of my comfort zone for ANY purchase. I have plenty of other shooting to do - 22 is not a 'must shoot' round for me. CCI mini mags have always been a favorite for me. I have bought more match 22 rounds in the last year - if I'm overpaying at least I'm getting the good stuff and I'm sort of hooked on it! Golden Bullets kick out flyers and duds. A box of 50 match bullets that shoot long, straight and on POA gives me a good buzz - 'shoot less, shoot well' could be my new 22 mantra...

I SEE a good bit of ammo on shelves. I'm buying reloading supplies pretty much as needed though not all from the same place.

How is the reloading powder supply in your area Mingaa?

Was out at the PA store two weekends ago and picked up a new Croix bass rod. Some pricy .22LR and no reloading supplies. I was eyeing up some mosin nagants they had. They look like some good cheap fun.

Nobody can find powder.
A couple of years ago 8lb jugs of all brands were plentiful.
Not no more.

Back