• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What ear protection do you use?

I use the Peltor Electronic Tactical 6S Behind the Head Hearing Protection (#97043) and I also have the custom molded Radian plugs depending on what is being shot at the range.
They work pretty well for me.

I have a few sets. A cheap pair of electronic Caldwells from Dunhams, a set of non electronic ones from Meijer and several bags of the foam squishy ones.

I normall use the electronic ones outdoors. If I use them indoors I also use the squishy foam ones. The electronic ones don't block enough of the pressure generated in an indoor range. Outside they are fine.

Normally I use the non electronic ones indoors as they have a much higher noise reduction rating. Sometimes still with the addition of the foam squisy ones if the range is busy or if there are people shooting carbines.

I will sometimes just use the foam squishy ones if its too hot for muffs or if I'm moving around a lot.

I've been wanting to try the Peltors. I've heard a lot of good things about them.

Years ago (early 90's) I was issued a set of peltors, and they worked fine. Probably why I bought Peltors twice (2010/2011) before giving up. If I'd have gotten a good set on either occasion I'd have hung on to them and my take on Peltors would be a bit different. They must have gotten a bad batch of bad electronics or something. Dunno??? I can only speak from experience.

i have both, i keep a few packs of the foam ones in my range bag but mostly use a pair of the winchester low profile muffs i picked up at walmart for like 15 bucks

Back