• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What is a Ghost Gun?

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Like many here, I've been personally and professionally involved in firearms since my youth and the firearm industry the entirety of my adult life.

Even if I could overlook and forgive his atrocious butchering of the correct terminology and sheer ignorance of the subject of which he is speaking, what he is referring to, simply does not exist.

I'm sure that every small arm manufacturer in the world would want it so they can reverse engineer it so they can patent and produce it themselves.

This is a prime example of what happens when you elect someone to office that does not have a clue what they're doing.

And another example of:
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmFEv6BHM0[/youtube]

It seemed as though he was under the influence when he gave this speech...

Unfortunately the people that he is appealing to don't care that he is wrong in almost every detail of his speech. All they see is an EBR and hear the word "gun".

It frustrates me to no end that our elected officials, media, etc. don't have the wherewithal to educate themselves the smallest amount about what they are talking about.

I think AirSoft markets that for true gamers and operators, don't they?????

As Mike says, those idiots play to their audience. They eat it up and don't know anymore than that guy.

I thought it might be nerves, but he did seem to be having difficulty. Maybe he was drunk.

He has the wrong demo model, I know I had just heard reference to ghost gun in one of the other threads

My biggest fear is that some untrained operators will all draw at the same time and inadvertently cross the beams.

Attachments

• GhostGun.jpg
    GhostGun.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 120
I enlarged the picture by sending the signal from my computer to my TV, and if you pause it at the end of the video, it in fact does have an auto sear pin in the correct position, which would make it a machinegun, though still incapable of the rate of fire that the guy is spouting. Whether or not it is a "legal" machinegun or not is the bigger question.

Furthermore, to his reference of it being manufactured from an AR15 to M16 conversion needs more machinework than drilling a simple hole to accommodate the (different) full auto fire control group, to which is not impossible to obtain the specs, are not as common as they would have you believe. Even obtaining M16 jigs are more often than not restricted to authorized or licensed companies.

I wonder exactly where the gun originated. Being from Los Angeles, was it a police agency issue weapon just used as a reference piece where they used the scariest looking gun they could find for dramatic effect, a legal dealer sample, was it a Hollywood prop gun that is incapable of firing live rounds, etc.? Those are the questions that I would be asking.

If it is in fact an unlawful machinegun, those officers standing in the background need to stop standing around and get to work tracking down and prosecuting the source and stop making it into a problem that it is not.

you can't fix stupid. Only cage it and burn it.

I'll bring the gasoline who's bringing the match?

ytejeraz.jpg

A thirty magazine clip? Wait, thats 900 rounds. Like a stripper clip, you can load all 30 mags into the receiver in one shot. Wow. Thats some serious capacity.

dieselmudder said:
A thirty magazine clip? Wait, thats 900 rounds. Like a stripper clip, you can load all 30 mags into the receiver in one shot. Wow. Thats some serious capacity.

I'm trying to picture this, and all I can see is about 3' of magazines hanging off the left side of the gun. Balance might be an issue without some kind of wheeled outrigger. :lol:

Back