• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What is everyone doing for 4th of July Weekend?

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
What is everyone doing for 4th of July Weekend? I am unfortunately working the overnight ER shift all weekend long but I hope others are getting a chance to get out and enjoy the weekend! :ugeek: :ugeek:

Friday: 2100 - 0700
Saturday: 1900 - 0700
Sunday: 1800 - 0600
Monday: 1800 - 0100

Sleeping and trying to get a few hours in with my son the rest of the time. At least I get a day (well 2 actually!) off next week. Gonna try to get some rounds through the new 500 and maybe do a picnic with the wife and boy. They better give me July 29, 30 and 31 off like I requested. I have 113 hours between this week and next week.

Mostly doing things around the house on Saturday and Sunday...trim the hedges, cut the lawn, powerwash the 3 cars...I always grill up some steaks, burgers, dogs...the usual stuff.

But on...Monday July 4th

... the wife and I participate in the Glenside, PA 4th of July parade...this being my 4th year. The VFW down the street is where the parade starts, so we hook up with a group of veterans we've known for years who have a Bell Huey AV-1 helicopter on a trailer that is pulled by a Duece and a Half...and two Vietnam era jeeps...and we march / ride with them in the parade. I've already sat in the chopper pilots seat the 1st year and the door gunners' seat the 2nd...with my 3rd year in one of the jeeps holding an original M16, along with a WWII veteran who was in his nineties. My wife usually wears her fatigues, as she was a veteran of both Gulf Wars and other skirmishes too numerous to mention, with her last assignment being Gitmo.

===================================================================

(That's her sportin' the M60...)

20090704_0739-1.jpg

20090704_0738-1.jpg

20090704_0747-1.jpg

20090704_0798-1.jpg

20090704_0748-1.jpg

20090704_0745-1.jpg

20090704_0754-1.jpg

==================================================================

Then we make our way back to the VFW to party the night away...!! It's an awesome experience !!

Oh...it always is one hellava night !!

How about you Sniper ?!

The wife's folks are comin in from TX.

Not sure exactly what my wife has planned, but I'm sure it'll be a good time. The in-laws are great and I always look forward to spending time with them. I guess I got lucky in that department...

We have been totally lazy, just dis stuff around the house yesterday and today. I'm pretty sure we still have a burn ban on so we won't be doing fireworks or anything.

M-80FIREWORKS.jpg

We had a pretty good amount of rain last week, and the ground is still soaked, so I'm lookin' forward to setting off some M-80's and 1/4 sticks !!

QUARTERSTICK.jpg

devilgrin-2.gif

They're plenty legal here, even inside city limits.

Drives me nuts too. Here in TN we have these HUGE fireworks stores that are the size of a grocery store and they're open year round. Folks start the festivities about a month before the 4th and it last 'til about a month after. I get really sick of hearing fireworks goin off in the neigboorhood at 2am! I get it on the day, but sheesh!!!

Yeah I know what you mean. We get the occasional rebal that decides the entire summer needs to be the 4th of July. On July 4th weekend it's not enforced unless you get your neighbors calling in.

Weekend started off great last night when I grilled hot dogs on the Weber kettle. I know there's nothing fancy about hot dogs, but in my book, nothing beats some Hebrew National all beef bun-length dogs (the best dogs, accept no substitute, even Nathan's), grilled almost black, then placed in a whole wheat bun, with spicy mustard and onions. Two went down easy, and I really wanted that third dog, but the wife was giving me the evil eye. Cole slaw, chips, and a Shiner Ruby Redbird completed the meal, followed later by some Blue Bell ice cream.

Today, saw the new Tom Hanks-Julia Roberts movie with the wife. Good flick, and although I generally avoid romantic comedies, I seldom miss a Tom Hanks movie, as he's one of the best in the business. Great chemistry in the movie between Hanks and Roberts.

Tomorrow, I'll grill some barbeque chicken on the Weber. Will marinate the chicken for several hours in a Jack Daniels' marinade bag before throwing it on the grill. There will be some more Shiner beer consumed. Wife has made mandarin orange pies for dessert. As GLG2 already said, no fireworks in most of Texas.

Right now, I'm thinking about those last two hot dogs leftover from last night. 40 seconds in the microwave will have them ready....

Happy 4th of July, fellow Mossberg owners. We are privileged to live in the greatest country on earth. It's up to us to keep it that way.

Amen Bro...

America : Land of the Free...Paid for by the Brave !!

USFLAGWAVE.jpg

Back