• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What is going on in NY?

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I have been wondering how the fight to get rid of the un-Constitutional gun laws they enacted in NY after Sandy Hook have been playing out. What's going on my northern neighbors?

carbinemike said:
I have been wondering how the fight to get rid of the un-Constitutional gun laws they enacted in NY after Sandy Hook have been playing out. What's going on my northern neighbors?

Haven't heard a hole bunch still in the courts I believe Mike.

you all might have the worst Population Centers vs. The Rest of the State ratio in the US......sucks cause if it was going to happen it would have, like Colorodo

NY is finished. As bad as Calif. now.

At least I got the Mrs. lookin' at Lancaster,Pa. ;)

Lots, I mean, lots of Repeal the Safe Act signs in Upstate. Nothing more on the news or word of mouth. Once the police were added to the law, much of the noise went quiet. Seven rounds is all we are allowed in our magazines. I haven't heard anything new in a long while.

I was afraid that it would creep and crawl through the courts. Sorry to hear that nothing is imminent.

3 lawsuits... 2 are legit. One is crap and it was filed first.

NYSRPA is looking to do oral arguments.

LIF is challenging the 7 round rule. No update on this.

We won't see any progress until next year... Maybe.

Nys still hasn't figured out how to do the ammo background checks but is still going to require logging of ammo purchases including YOUR occupation.

Most ny'ers are going to boycott buying ammo in ny come January.

It's a personal choice a lot of people are going to have to make.

You can buy in nys and have your whole life recorded for a box of .22lr

Or not.

Good luck. Read the law. It's a crap show.

Back