• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What was your FIRST firearm?

Yup, 10-22 NEW from Kmart! :) Think I paid about $120 at the time (1989). Put a Choate PG stock on it and smoothed the trigger myself. Had a cheap scope and I think I had a few hi-cap mags from...DAMN, can't remember the brand but they worked OK...

Mossberg 500 Mariner was the first I ever purchased myself.

Inherited a Savage 30-30 and Winchester 64B 22LR semi-auto.

A Winchester youth model shotgun. It was a single shot 20g and I still have it.

I honestly don't recall what my first gun purchase was. Do trades count? The first several guns I ever had myself, was guns that I traded for.

A Winchester youth model shotgun. It was a single shot 20g and I still have it.

I have to amend this. The 20G was bought for me by my dad, not a hand me down but I did not buy it.

The first gun I paid for myself was either my Marlin Model 60 22lr or my Remington 870 Express. I can no longer remember which came first.

Browning Hi-Power. I still have it and still love to shoot it.

Last edited:
Winchester model 94 in 30-30, my father gave it to me in 1980-81, still have it.
First one I bought on my own was a SIG PRO 2340 in .40S&W, I bought in 1999

Smith & Wesson Sigma 9mm, Still have her to this day. Shortly after the Sigma, I received a retired service Glock 23 .40 Cal. It protected my father all 30 sum years of his LE career.

If trades count, a 500 Persuader. I traded a dog or it (a puppy).

If trades don't count, a 20" 590A1, bead sight and standard stock. 51660 I think was the model number.

First gun that wasn't a gift and bought myself was a camo 500. Had it for a while, wanted a shorter barreled SG for home defense, but money was tight back then for me. Only 18.5" barrels I could find were blued, and of course it would look silly on my camo gun. So I traded it for a Persuader. Fast forward about 2o years - Make plenty of money, have plenty of guns, wish I still had that factory camo 500...

Wait, did I just say FF 20 years? Damn I'm getting old!!!

Back