• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What was your FIRST firearm?

My Grandfather gave me the 1911 that he carried in WWII when I was 7. He taught me to shoot with that gun, and his O3A3. I still have the 1911, but I don't shoot it much. Wish I had his O3A3.

H&R Slug Gun... it was an awesome little single shot. Quite heavy and not the Norm in the "Great North East" but that baby put a 3" Brenneke Black Magic Magnum through a 6 inch (measured) tree and into the heart of my first buck!!

Should have never parted with it, but in my infinite youthful wisdom I traded it in for a Savage 22 (wtf was I thinking??)

When we were kids, I remember we'd pull the butt ends out of our hockey sticks and use the hollow shaft as a barrel to shoot bottle rockets at each other. Does that count as the first gun?

Mossberg 500, 8 shot with a 20 inch barrel, pictured somewhere in these tombs. I was a sophmore or junior in high school, bought it from a buddy. My First first firearm was a single shot New England 20 gauge youth, christmas present when i was 10 or 11. Still have it. Blasted lots of bunnies with it over the years. Still get it out every time we shoot clay pigeons. And hit a couple

13 years old. Sears Roebuck
single shot .410.
Took it out first time dove hunt. Second shot killed a dove right to left. Never forget it. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

A Marlin semi-auto .22LR
I bought it used for $50 used from a friend.
Shot the heck out of it & sold it to a gun dealer 10 years later for $50.

Single shot 20 gauge purchased at a Western Auto store. I think it was a Revelation. Don't remember exactly when, late '60s tho.

My very first gun purchase was a Winchester Model 1300 12 Gauge shotgun. Great shotgun. I put well over 20,000 rounds through it shooting skeet, sporting clays, and five stand.

This was the start to the continuing demise of my rainy day fund.

The first firearm I ever purchased was a Ruger P-89. It had a horrible trigger and was butt ugly, but built to survive ground zero in a thermonuclear war.

I wish I still had it. It would make a good high-capacity truck gun and could do double duty as a wheel chock, when needed.

Daisy Legacy .22 rifle.
They made several models.
There was a sem-auto with synthetic furniture. There was a bolt action repeater with synthetic furniture (which is what I had, the model 2202), and I believe a single shot with synthetic furniture. There was also a model with a wood stock, I believe it was a semi but I'm not 100% on that. They were neat little rifles. The synthetic stocks had a button to push that would let you pull the buttplate out to lengthen the stock. They used a 10 round rotary magazine, kinda sorta similar to a 10/22 but nowhere near interchangeable. There was a spring loaded button at the rear of the trigger guard. Pushing it would allow you to remove the entire trigger mechanism and pull the bolt. There was even a model with a smoothbore barrel for 22 shot shells. They only made them a couple years. They weren't overly accurate (good for small game, but not in the same ball field as even a Marlin or Savage 22), and a lot of the parts were cast zinc/zamak, I believe.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back