• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What's your beverage of choice?

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
I just recently discovered chivas regal. omg that's delish. i have that with coca cola. i can't drink it straight. i like the sweetness of soda.
my regular is jim beam black.
also in the running is clan macgreggor.(scotch) but only when i'm playing poker at home games...

Dr. Pepper :mrgreen: lol. But when I do drink, which is pretty rare these days, its a Screwdriver or an Amaretto Sour. Not too exciting.

^ x2. I don't drink much any more, but Capt'n and Cherry Coke usually. Amaretto Sours are pretty good too! I don't do Vodka any more. Can't stand it unless it's the good stuff.

:| look, this is my serious face.....actually I don’t like beer that much and if I drink its purely for the buzz and its usually what everyone else is drinking, not too picky cause none of it tastes great or is less filling to me.

I have been a long time Guiness drinker, but I have been shying away from it this year. Been feeling too heavy. Drinking in general has taken a back seat. I have become quite the cheap date!

The thing that I keep going back to for years now is something I mixed up with a friend at random one year. It was Malibu cocoanut rum with the Dole orange & pinapple mix. It may be an actual drink, but hell if I know what it is.

The other thing that I got t a Christmas yankee swap a few years ago that has spread like wildfire amongst the cookout circuit is Baja Luna Taquila. Tastes like black rasberry ice cream in a bottle. They have all kinds of flavors, The strawberry was a bit too overwhelming (Baja Rosa) but the one I want to find and haven't yet is the orange cream one. Supposed to taste like a creamsicle.

BajaLuna.png

BAJA%20VARIETY.jpg

I love Cognac...Remy is my favorite.

If I am not drinking cognac, it's most likely Whiskey neat.

Fav beer is Red Stripe....Newcastle probably second

Jäger is my fav shot....followed by Patron silver

Mostly like a beer or two before dinner as an appetizer...

Favorites are...

DUBLIN,IRELAND

GUINNESSSTOUT.jpg

CHERRY HILL,NJ

FLYINGFISHextra_pale_ale.jpg

FLYINGFISHHOPFISHIPA.jpg

ADAMSTOWN,PA
STOUDTSAMERICAN.jpg

STOUDTSGOLD.jpg

...and I've toured all three of these breweries !!

=============================================

When I drink distilled spirits...it's either Irish whiskey or Mexican tequila...chilled !!

TULLAMORE DEW IRISH WHISKEY 12 YEAR OLD RESERVE

TULLAMOREDEW12.jpg

PATRON TEQUILA SILVER

PATRONTEQUILA.jpg

Both of the above are the smoothest in their class...

Guiness, always, preferably from the tap.

Beers from Texas breweries-- Shiner, St. Arnold's, Real Ale. The fresher the beer, the better the taste. All three have outstanding seasonal offerings.

As a night-cap: Bailey's or a good port.

C8V6C said:

My co-worker was just telling me I should try cognac today. And Red Stripe = <3!!! The best beer ever. Cheap and good as hell. Jager ... oh boy, that's all I'm gonna say.

I've been dry for over two years now, but my favorites were always:

The Macallan 12 (18 on special occasions)
Booker's 7 year
Captain Morgan's Private Stock
Courvoisier XO
Don Julio Blanco
Grey Goose
Plomari ouzo
Bailey's on ice

On the lighter side:

Guiness Extra Stout, room temperature
Shiner Bock
Negro Modelo
Fosters
Killian's Irish Red

I've also been known to partake in a good pinot noir, cab-sav, moscato, or port.

... but now I just drink a lot of water and home steeped black, green, or chai tea. I also keep the house stocked with low-carb Monster for my late night gaming marathons.

Damn, I'm thirsty...

Sn3aKyGuY said:
C8V6C said:

My co-worker was just telling me I should try cognac today. And Red Stripe = <3!!! The best beer ever. Cheap and good as hell. Jager ... oh boy, that's all I'm gonna say.

I'd try Remy VSOP first...the smoothest and most flavorful outta the big 3 (Remy / Hennessy / Courvoisier) my opinion of course. And I have a bottle of all 3, since I do enjoy them all ;)

Drink it like a good whiskey :

Warm it up in your hands from the bowl. Sip it while inhaling and let it rest in your mouth until your gums are numb....then swallow and repeat!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
... but now I just drink a lot of water and home steeped black, green, or chai tea. I also keep the house stocked with low-carb Monster for my late night gaming marathons.

Damn, I'm thirsty...

are you a fellow poker player?

me too! i feel so relaxed when that happens. but the hard part is keeping the steady buzz. i'm still working on that part.
all my xbox buddies call me the old man. and ask what i'm sippin today....and i reply... i don't drink every time i play....just when you foolio's are on....lol

I can't play buzzed...at least FPS that is. My reaction times are slower, and I die a lot more lol

I usually just play for a little while, till I get mad and frustrated...lol

Sorry I'm late fellas,

I do play some five card on occasion, but the marathons I mentioned are of the Call of Duty variety...

Back