• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What's your favorite gun?

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
This isn't one of those "If you could only have 1 gun" type of topics. I'm just curious what your all time favorite gun is.

There are no wrong answers.

I'll be honest, I have a bunch of guns that I really like. But for me, it's probably my first gun. The one my Daddy gave me when I was about 13 or 14 years old. The one gun I wouldn't let go for any reason. My old trusty old single shot 16 gauge.

My Marlin 882SS. 22.mag. my aunt bought it for her son years ago, for a squirrel gun. Not realising the trajectory of a .22 caliber. Let alone magnum. Taking advice from family she then sold it to me. And since me and my cousin have traded and sold it back and forth a couple times. I absolutely love shooting it.

Great idea for a thread John. Overall it would probably be my first gun which is a Browning Hi Power. It's the only gun that gets cleaned and oiled after every use. Others take over the favorite spot temporarily if they are a recent purchase or had a recent upgrade but the Hi Power is still tops.

At this point I'd have to say my MVP PREDATOR .223/5.56

For the price it's stupid accurate. Consistently 1 moa at 100 yards and 200 yards I sneaked out a sub moa.

That may change when I get the M1 Garand.

It would have to be my Win 9422M. Shoot it more than any other, been with me since the early '70's.

Win9422M.jpg

It will! Trust me;)

I've shot many firearms... I've built and fiddled and painted and accessorized. But my .30 Caliber U.S Rifle will never be sold, and always has a special place in my collection. It speaks history and reminds me that many have sacrificed for the freedoms I enjoy. A piece of history I hope to pass on one day.

DSC_0146.JPG

It would have to be my Win 9422M. Shoot it more than any other, been with me since the early '70's.
That's a beauty Gunny. I have a 9422 in 22 LR that was the first gun each of my kids shot with. It shoots great and the action is awesome.

I have shot one Garand and loved it. It's historical and a great gun too.

wow, thought I could answer this......I cant. Sentimental, function, image, rare, unique.....damn cant pick

Toss up between my Marlin 30AS And Marlin 1894 44 mag lever gun. Lever guns for the win.

oli700 and I agree.

The one I've carried the most, the one I waited the longest for, the one I've shared a lot of fun and laughs and good times with the kids, the one I have the most money invested in.......

Dammit.

1991 mild custom by me. Nowlin, Wilson's, Pachys, f.l. guide rod, buffs, trigger work, etc.. Always been nuts on with the sights as equipped--never been adjusted. Both my kids can shoot it no problem--the mass tames a lot of the recoil compared to the G30...

Attachments

• 1991.jpg
    1991.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 4
Don't even have to think about this one. Winchester model 1890 22 short with octagon barrel. It was my grandfathers and I grew up shooting it. I still take her out when I can.

DAMN!!
TOUGH QUESTION!!
Being a competitive Trap shooter I have to say my Trap Gun, Browning BT-99.
BUT......When it is NOT Trap season, I shoot Skeet, Sporting Clays and Hunt with my Mossberg 500's. There are O/U's & SxS's in my safe but the 500 gets the call 99.99% of the time.

Since the 500's are used for MANY things I would have to pick them!

Back