What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wheel GUNS!!

I picked up this real nice Cimmaron Lightning in . 38 Special. I always wanted a SAA Birdshead and this one popped up at my LGS, so it rode home in my truck.
DSC01151_zpsa6d3521d.jpg

WOW! :shock:

Look at that beauty! I've been eyeballin a 4" Uberti .357 with birdie grips in the counter of my LGS. I love that finish on yours. Congrats bro...

Thanks, LES.
I missed out on a Ruger Vaquero .45 Colt over the weekend. Went there one day and looked at it, went home and thought about it, went back to buy it and poof, it was gone! :evil: I wanted it too. It had just enough wear to give it good character, but very nice mechanically, and a good price. Oh, well. those probably won't make the ban list, but that may be all we have to shoot!

My Taurus x2.
44 mag and 38.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358217362418.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358217362418.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 446
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358217371121.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358217371121.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 446
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358217379567.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358217379567.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 446
I have always wanted a Raging Bull, but never found a good used one. A buddy has a regular Taurus Model 44 and it is awesome.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Very nice!

I bet those are silly accurate with the long barrels...

Yes pretty accurate. unfortunately UK law says the barrel must be 12" and have a rod or wrist brace to class it as a rifle :shock: but they are not too bad. Ones .357 the other a .44 mag and the last one .45 acp on moon clips. The wife loves her NAA black powder its real fun to shoot

I love the advancing target matches

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtRNLPMY9eY[/youtube]

Very cool! I have never seen a handgun with a barrel that long. I bet the .44 is a blast to shoot! It would make a great hunting pistol with shooting sticks.

Haven't bought a revolver yet and I'm itching to add one to my collection. After looking for a while, I love the way the Ruger GP100's and SP 101's look, beefy :D What should I expect to pay for a used one. There's a few on gun broker going for around $550 or so is that a good price???

The GP100's and SP101's bring big dollars here in Indy when you can find them. They get snatched up pretty quick. $550 is a decent price for a stainless one, but if you think like I do, premium dollars better get you a premium used gun. I bought a used stainless Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 Mag awhile back and paid $600 for it. It had some areas of character, nothing a little TLC won't fix, but all in all a solid gun that should provide me with a lifetime of enjoyment. I bought this one because it was the first one I had seen around in quite awhile, and I have only seen 1 since, and that one was in .480 Ruger.
My 2C is to grab it if you want it. It will provide you a lifetime of service. Just send pics if you get it! :D

tcecil88 said:
The GP100's and SP101's bring big dollars here in Indy when you can find them. They get snatched up pretty quick. $550 is a decent price for a stainless one, but if you think like I do, premium dollars better get you a premium used gun. I bought a used stainless Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 Mag awhile back and paid $600 for it. It had some areas of character, nothing a little TLC won't fix, but all in all a solid gun that should provide me with a lifetime of enjoyment. I bought this one because it was the first one I had seen around in quite awhile, and I have only seen 1 since, and that one was in .480 Ruger.
My 2C is to grab it if you want it. It will provide you a lifetime of service. Just send pics if you get it! :D

You know, I love the look of both of these. Since owning firearms, I've never been a huge fan of revolvers, mainly because the first one i shot was a .44 single action cowboy style, and partly because I just had other interests at the time. Fast forward to now and I'm starting to like everything, and a .357 is is a logical choice to start into the wheel gun world. While I like the larger frame of the GP100, I think since this will mainly stay in my jacket pocket while hiking, or on a holster... I might be leaning toward the SP101. I'm not shy to recoil (unless it's a KelTec PF9 :lol: ... for you L.E.S) and the smaller frame of the SP might make it more likely to actually come with me. A .44mag of course would make more sense up here, but I really just don't see myself ever using it... and when weight constraints allow I'll be carrying a Shotty with 3" Brennekes anyways.