• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wheel GUNS!!

Thanks for the comments.Pops bought the 28 in 1960 for $80 when he joined the dept.Then he found out he was required to carry off-duty so Mom bought him the 36 for $65.
The 66 was from a contract the city signed in the '80s to avoid giving raises.They supplied everyone with a 4" and a 2 1/2".The 2 1/2 was never too well suited for concealed carry,it's a bit bulky,so I passed that down to a nephew who has the maturity and the need.I have the Chief,a Bersa .45 Ultra Compact or .380 for that anyway.
Rossignol
The pacs help take the sting out of heavy hand loads.With the large frame comes a thicker cylinder wall so it's been pushed well beyond recommended .357 loads without a problem(though I don't recommend that).We always started to back down on the charge when the brass started to split.This all came about because of the ludicrous rules the city imposed.They allowed,and then furnished,.357s but required that they be loaded with .38Sp and it's not a secret that those don't penetrate a windshield and have been known to bounce off a side window.The point was to reach or exceed .357 performance using a .38 casing.
The only problem at all is making sure none of the homers ever end up in the 36 or 66.
These days I tend to just use 130 grain .38Sp Hydra-Shok in everything.

SHOOTER13's S&W Revolvers...

OK...who here likes a Magnum revolver ?! Sometimes, you want the flame, loud boom, and knockdown power of a kick butt cartridge like a .357 or .44 Magnum !! ( Ya know ya do )

S&W Model 629... .44 Magnum/Special... 4" barrel... stainless steel

SWM62944MAGNUMsmall-1.jpg

S&W Model 13... .357 Magnum / .38 Special... 3" bull barrel... factory nickel plated

SWM13357MAGsmaller.jpg

SHOOTER13's SIXGUNS...

In another life, I must have been a cowboy...

COLT SINGLE ACTION ARMY...45 Colt...4 3/4" barrel w/color case hardened frame

COWBOYSIXSHOOTERS.jpg

RUGER BISLEY VAQUERO...357 Magnum...5 1/2" barrel in high gloss stainless steel

USFA SAA

This is my USFA SAA. The revolver is a 7 1/2" brl, blue, CCH by Doug Turnbull, T/A job, Ivory grips, black powder frame, pinched sights..................pure beauty. .45 Colt Baby :D
c6538989.jpg

Re: USFA SAA

Nice revolver! I really like the black powder frame with those Ivory grips.

Re: USFA SAA

I have an Classic Old West Cross-Draw holster with a Ross ammo belt. Eventually I want a Teddy Roosevelt butt forward carry rig but I keep spending my money on guns and knives LOL.

All these Taurus and nobody has the JUDGE! :cry: lol but for real, does anyone have that thing? I think its pretty awesome! :)

I think the Judge is a cool novelty, but not very practical for much more than a backpack gun or snake charmer. I wouldn't turn one away if someone wanted to give it to me though... :D

Really...?!

JMHO...but I agree with Sniper...I already have a "snake charmer"...my Mossy !!

In all honesty, I really don't have a need for a Judge (.410/.45Colt)...to me, it's in the same catagory as a 25, 32, 40...etc.

I already gotta 22short/long/long rifle/magnum, 380acp, 9mm, 38spec, 357mag, 44spec/mag, 45acp, 45 Colt, etc...and don't feel the need to fill in the gaps with a caliber that just adds to the collection without really fulfilling a need. Just me tho...to each his own !! :cool:

ladytech777 said:
I love the "cowboy" guns! The 4-3/4 & 5-1/2 bbl is just the right look.
How well do they shoot?

Thanks ladytech777...

The Peacemaker shoots POA/POI with Winchester SUPER X .45COLT 255gr LRN

The Vaquero likes MAGTECH COWBOY .357Magnum 158gr LFN and ULTRA MAX .38 Special 158gr LSWC

Nice sixgun m24shooter...!!

Care to tell us about it...?! Caliber, etc

This thread makes me want a wheel gun even more than I already did...

Back