• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

When unloading, shells hangs up

on the bottom of the elevator. When I release the shell stop the cartridge hits the front edge of the elevator and stops. I have to push the elevator up and wiggle the cartridge around a bit before it comes free. This is on my brand new, never fired A1. Can this be fixed without sending the gun back to Mossberg?

Thanks in advance.

Gummybear308 said:
on the bottom of the elevator. When I release the shell stop the cartridge hits the front edge of the elevator and stops. I have to push the elevator up and wiggle the cartridge around a bit before it comes free. This is on my brand new, never fired A1. Can this be fixed without sending the gun back to Mossberg?

Thanks in advance.

First off welcome to M.O.! If I understand you correctly you are depressing the shell stopper to release the round in the mag tube, then while coming out of the mag tube the rim of the shell hits the elevator and you have to wiggle the shell for it to full come out of the mag tube? If this is correct then it is perfectly normal. I have had this in all 4 of my mossbergs. If not then a picture of what you are describing would be very helpful. Once again welcome to Mossberg owners!!

Well, no way to tell without seeing some pictures.

elevator, interceptor, stopper... come on then.

Yes, that is what is happening, the shells hit the front edge of the elevator. I'm glad to know that this is normal. I read that opening the action a little helps, I tried it and it works, the shells come sliding out.

Thanks for the replies,
Gummy

Back