• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where to buy a Mossberg 510 Mini and questions

RentMyBoat

Copper BB
Good afternoon. I just joined The Group. I am thinking of buying a 20 gauge for a 4th (boy) and 7th (girl) grader. Where is the best place & price to get it? I was thinking of BassProShops. Is the choke replaceable or adjustable? Thanks.

Re: Mossberg 510 Mini Reviews...

Welcome to Mossberg Owners! I typicaly buy my guns from Gander Mountain but they aren't usually the cheapest of places. As for teh choke the 20g gauge mossberg 510 mini comes with the "Accu-Set" choke which is removable and replaceable. Hopefully that helps.

I went on Gander.com and they do not have it listed. I will locate the closest store & check them out. Not all guns can be available on-line. Thanks for the info on the AccuSet - that helps.
BTW: I also got your email on the User name-change. Thanks.

Excellent, yea most places can order whichever model you are looking for as well. Keep us updated on what you find and if you get it be sure to post up a review so other members can get some first hand information.

Thanks
Dan

fyi I got mine at Academy Sports for $269.99. It came with three choke tubes...full, modified, and IC if I remember correctly.

The 1st time I shopped Academy was when I was at Tuscaloosa. That store was NICE and great prices. Unfortunately, there are no stores in MD yet. I went online and they only had the 410 gauge. I will give them a call & see if they carry the 20 gauge. (I will keep everyone posted when I get one.)

Any luck finding a mossberg 510 mini yet?

I am still looking & shopping. Honestly, I am "working" on getting "the funds" to buy one; but I will get it this year - 2010. Yesterday, I went to Dick's Sporting Goods where I bought my Browning, but they do not have one.

My Own Mossberg 510 Mini

:D Just got my 510 Mini from BassPro. I bought the 20 gauge.
Pretty neat. I may try it out tomorrow - but NLT next weekend.
Thanks for everyone's feedback and reviews.

Re: Mossberg 510 Mini

I went Wednesday. Using Remington 20 gauge-7/8 oz. rounds, the recoil was less than my 12 gauge of course; but the gun was too small to personally review properly. I am going to get my wife and some younger kids (hopefully) to try it this weekend. I will let you know. It is a beautiful gun and I am glad I have one. :D I am shopping around, talking to people for better rounds with less recoil - that I can buy.

Re: Mossberg 510 Mini

Did you find any better rounds to shoot with less recoil?

Shotgun Rounds for Mossberg 510 Mini

:D I just bought a box of WinLite 20 gauge. It is 7/8 oz, #8 and only 980fps. Promo-info states less recoil & noise. I paid $12.49 for a box of 25; cheapest is $11.49 (no minimum and $3.00 s/h)!! :shock:
However.... If the recoil is significantly less for my petite wife and kids, then it won't be too expensive...all things considered. :cool:
I also learned that skeet would be better for this set-up than trap. :oops: I will try it this weekend and keep you posted.

How were the new rounds in your mossberg 510 mini? Did they actually reduce recoil like they are supposed to?

I bought mine a few months ago and just love it. It took a couple weeks to convince my Wal-Mart dept mgr that I was serious, but he finally called their wholesale house and those folks said 'sure, we can get that model (50485), you (the store) just need to add it as a special order item, no big deal'.
Well, it took a couple more weeks and then, one afternoon I was walked out of the store and handed this fine 20 ga 510 (less than $300.00 including tax). It comes with a coupon from Mossberg which offers great pricing on an adult sized stock, LOP to 14", which is just what I needed.
It now lives in the corner of the bedroom as the #2 home defense firearm, magazine of 3 Federal PD2564B #4 buck (no shell in barrel). I could not have asked for more for my HD application, sure, the grandkids will enjoy it, but it's a comfort to know it's there at the ready. My nearby public outdoor range has a shotgun area that allows 7-1/2 and smaller, so I have a place to have some fun.
This is the best HD shotgun, small, lightweight, easy to operate, even my wife can handle it, and is happy it's there, although we don't expect to ever fire it except at the range.

Ultimate CC said:
How were the new rounds in your mossberg 510 mini? Did they actually reduce recoil like they are supposed to?
Did you get to try them?

Ultimate CC said:
Ultimate CC said:
Did you get to try them?
I've shot the Winlites through my 20 gauge side by side. They have very little recoil and very little noise.

Back