• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where to obtain survival supplies?

J.L.

.270 WIN
If you guys know of a good deal or place to find survival supplies please post it here. :)
I will start this topic by mentioning that many of the human antibiotics are sold at pet stores. You can get them without a prescription. In some cases the pills look almost identical to the ones sold in pharmacies. One can find penicillin, amoxicillin, ciprofloxin, and many others in the same strength as the human prescription medications. This is a great way to stock up without having to pay for a doctors visit. The prices are better also. I can buy 100ct Amoxicillin for around $13.00 in my area. :)
Because people should do their own homework and not trust the word of a stranger, I will post a disclaimer for this topic.
Disclaimer: Information provided in this topic if for entertainment only. Medications not intended for human consumption should not be used as such. Consult a doctor before taking medications.

be cautious of vet injectables, most dont have the pain killers that human version have and they can burn a bit.
Like you said tho, do your home work, there are some vet drugs that aren't approved for human use and may cause liver and kidney damage that animals dont seem to suffer from as readily.

looking for something in particular?
I find just grabbing a couple extras of the routine stuff increase your supplies pretty quickly.

I'll mention here, I've been to the hospital enough to have a pretty good supply of gauze and bandages! :lol:

I dont steal em, they just send me home with extra, annd when they open what I have heard them call a "4 x 4 boat" and they dont use them all, I ask if I can have the rest. I picked up like 4 more of the ace type stretch compression bandages when I last broke my foot.

For other suplies, I've picked up a Mudinyeri EDC kit (from our member "Mudinyeri") and a couple other first aid kits. We are sadly lacking in medicines however if ever there was an emergency.

I stay away from the injectables and powders. The pill form are the ones I am talking about. They come in the same strength as the pharmacy bought ones. The shelf life of the pill forms is about 7 years, but I only keep them for 4-5years. They are usually used up before 3 years are up. The only antibiotic that should not be used past its expiration date are tetracycline and doxycycline. They become concentrated with age and can cause liver/kidney damage in high concentrations. (2 years is the maximum storage for them. :) I'm not looking for anything in particular, just passing on information. Of course, one never knows what he needs until he finds it. :)

Rossignol: The reason they are so ready to give you the extras is because they already charged it to your insurance. :lol: Hospitals are a great place to pick up supplies such as gauze and bandages.

I always keep clorox on hand (at least 4 gallons at a time). It is a great disinfectant, water purifier, whitener, and also neutralizes Mustard gas.

they give you the left over because you buy the whole package when they open something.

I have a collection of gauze, steri-strips, and stuff like that.

Another thing to keep on hand is waterjel burn jel. relieve thermal and chemical burns.

Back