• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Who has a 464 brush gun and gone hunting with it?

destroyer4570

Copper BB
Hello All, first of all this is my first post and my introduction, My name Is Richard and have a mossberg .22 but so far. I do not have any centerfire rifles at the present time, but I hope to remedy this in the near future. I would like a couple of bolt actions in the .308 and maybe either a 30-06 or 25-06. But my passion is really in leveractions so I'd like the get the 464 in a nice stainless and walnut though my heart is really set on getting the 464 bruch gun, so I am wondering who anyone here on the site have and have hunted with the 464 brush gun, and what are your thoughts on it? Please share your stories about the rifle, ammo used and species hunted with the little carbine. Also please let me know what you thought about the rifle. Thanks for reading and cannot wait to hear back from you guys.

I don't have one, but welcome to the forums Richard!!

I have not had the pleasure to hunt with a 464 yet but next season I plan to add it to my collection. I know everyone who has shot one love theirs and I really don't think you can beat the value for the price.

Thank you MikeD and DHonovich for your replies. I would like to also add a mossy 464 to my collection, I'd like to add the 464 brush gun to be exact. I wouldn't mind also adding a 464 in the walnut and stainless combo either to the arsenal but for I just like the look of the short carbine with the black laminate and stainless, I think the short compactness of the rifle would make a nice brush gun as it's name implies but would be equally handy as a truck gun and would be very manueverable in the confines of a deer blind. I cannot wait to get my hands on one and try it out on deer and hogs here in S. Texas hopefully this coming season as I know it will make for a nice little deer/hog rifle.

Back