• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Why does USDA need submachineguns?

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...01217d03b0354e1e18b69aa7bad&tab=core&_cview=0

Solicitation Number:
USDAOIGWEA-5-7-14
Notice Type:
Sources Sought
Synopsis:
Added: May 07, 2014 2:03 pm
The U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of Inspector General, located in Washington, DC, pursuant to the authority of FAR Part 13, has a requirement for the commerical acquisition of submachine guns, .40 Cal. S&W, ambidextrous safety, semi-automatic or 2 shot burts trigger group, Tritium night sights for front and rear, rails for attachment of flashlight (front under fore grip) and scope (top rear), stock-collapsilbe or folding, magazine - 30 rd. capacity, sling, light weight, and oversized trigger guard for gloved operation.

Good Question? Mad Cows???

funny-some-of-this-mad-cow-animated-gif.gif

The phrase "control via superior firepower" comes to mind.

The USDA has been giving some of the Amish farmers near here harassment over selling un-pasteurized milk. Maybe they'll be under siege like Cliven Bundy soon. They do have plenty of .40 cal hollow points over at DHS but they probably won't share. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

The USDA has been giving some of the Amish farmers near here harassment over selling un-pasteurized milk. Maybe they'll be under siege like Cliven Bundy soon. They do have plenty of .40 cal hollow points over at DHS but they probably won't share. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

The entire gd universe is ridiculous, and has been for a very long time.

Yes it is Gunny but it seems like it's getting worse. Sometimes I winder if these times are what it was like leading up to the Civil War?

Why is the State Department buying C-4 and related detonating equipment?

Two days after WND uncovered a U.S. State Department plan to buy hundreds of pounds of plastic explosives and thousands of containers of liquid explosives, the agency – which refuses to comment on the discovery – awarded hundreds of thousands of dollars in contracts for the blasting supplies.
The explosives, including hundreds of pounds of C4, originally were to be shipped to Sterling, Virginia, home to the Diplomatic Pouch and Mail Unit, or DPM/U. The unit is tasked with sending secure pouches and crates to U.S. embassies and consulates worldwide, as previously reported.
The original contracting documents still mention the DPM/U shipping destination and list a State Department contracting office address in Dun Loring, Virginia, site of a diplomatic-security field office. But the new contract awards suddenly identify the contracting office address as 1701 N. Ft. Myer Dr., Arlington, Virginia – headquarters of the Office of Security Management within the State Department Construction, Facility and Security Management Directorate.
The directorate is a division of State’s Bureau of Overseas Building Operations, or OBO, whose mission is to provide “safe, secure, and functional facilities that represent the U.S. government to the host nation and support our staff as they work to achieve U.S. foreign policy objectives.
The State Department thus far has awarded contracts in two explosives-procurement actions. Both went to the Arkansas-based Omni Explosives.
Omni will get $320,000 via Contract Award No. 10524H1636 to provide State with 450 pounds of C4 M112 explosives, nearly 2,600 containers of liquid and aluminum-powder explosives, 188 feet of “linear-shaped charges” and more than 8,000 blasting caps and other equipment. The award satisfies Solicitation No. FY14-GC-273.
State will pay Omni an additional $30,000 via Contract Award No. 10524H0257 for another 225 pounds of C4 plastic explosives, five pounds of C2 “sheet explosives” and 144 bottles of high-energy liquid explosives.
Accompanying the order, which satisfies Solicitation No. FY14-GC-281, are thousands of feet of detonating cord plus 18,000 feet of military-grade safety fuses and hundreds of blasting caps and fuse igniters.
State has not yet awarded contracts in Solicitation No. FY14-GC-282, which seeks yet another combination of C4 block, sheet and liquid explosives with accompanying caps, igniters and related blasting equipment. Nor has it awarded a contract for “explosive entry systems,” “blasting tubes” and inert C4 and dynamite via Solicitation no. FY14-GC-272.

Last edited:
Yes it is Gunny but it seems like it's getting worse. Sometimes I winder if these times are what it was like leading up to the Civil War?

Why is the State Department buying C-4 and related detonating equipment?

Sounds like State is just stocking up on party favors for some local warlord types in various countries. ;)

That's kind of what I was thinking. Maybe they want to be ready to defend themselves when the next Benghazi happens and Washington ignores the calls for help.

Except for the "two-shot burst" select fire mechanism, they are basically contracting for a semi-auto that can go x2

I don't condone ANY select fire/full auto acquisitions by our .gov if it might be put to use against our own citizens on domestic soil. Period.

It just all sounds so stupid........... and unnecessary.

Except for the "two-shot burst" select fire mechanism

It just all sounds so stupid........... and unnecessary.

Which was one of my main points behind the topic.

I do not think that every alphabet agency should have raid gear just because another alphabet agency may need it.

I would really like to hear the justification behind it, and wonder if the EPA is next to buy a half billion rounds of ammo and machineguns. (sarcasm, but honesty)

It's like they're all neighbors trying to keep up with the jones'.

Or if you go outside and mow your grass, every neighbor within earshot will be mowing before the day is out.

Just because they are exempt from the same regulations that prohibit us, does not mean they "should".

Besides, they're asking for 40 cal, which is likely the same caliber as their sidearm. Which confuses me even more. If their sidearm is not "enough gun", what is a subgun in the same caliber going to do any differently?

I have been discussing this on another forum as well and one of the points that was brought up is the need to occasionally put down an animal.

I have slaughtered large animals (cattle and hogs) and I have never felt the need to use a machinegun to do it with, let alone a pistol caliber that will be woefully inadequate on the penetration department for one that may be trying to stampede and not in a pen. I seriously wonder if a 40 short and weak would even reach the heart of a big bull or cow if it had to be shot from the side like a deer would.

Another point during the other discussion is that they are law enforcement and occasionally get shot at.

I seriously have to wonder just how many usda officers get shot at inspecting food labels and distribution facility freezers that would justify buying a subgun.

Specifically, the only subgun that I know of that fits all of their criteria in their request is the MP5/40. It has an option for a 2 shot burst trigger pack, folding stock and 30 round mag. So far as I am concerned, they're acquisitioning MP5/40's.

Makes me wonder. They didn't list a quantity requested. I wonder if they want them just because they can.

Either way, the USDA does have a law enforcement and investigations department and their site boasts the meth lab fight. But what benefit will sub machine guns give over semi-auto pistols of the same caliber?

Makes me wonder. They didn't list a quantity requested. I wonder if they want them just because they can.

Either way, the USDA does have a law enforcement and investigations department and their site boasts the meth lab fight. But what benefit will sub machine guns give over semi-auto pistols of the same caliber?

Personally, I think the incidence of individual and organizational paranoia within the many govt (local, state, & federal) organizations and bureaucracies is on the upswing, and together with a growing arrogance, is what accounts for much of this sort of thing. That and the apparently unlimited funds being made available to purchase whatever they want, with zero accountability, makes the temptation to arm up with the latest and greatest nearly irresistible.

Justification for acquisition/expenditure is not difficult to do, especially when the money man is literally pushing cash at them.

Maybe it is their way of overloading the manufacturing system to slow the flow of firearms and ammo to the general public. This IS the government we are talking about where people sitting in cubicles in rooms without windows make stuff up just to make a name for themselves and move a rung up the ladder...

But what benefit will sub machine guns give over semi-auto pistols of the same caliber?

There are advantages to subguns if comparing apples to apples.

More accuracy, the go fast switch, higher magazine capacity, and ability to add various optics.

Why would the USDA be raiding meth labs? That is not within the scope of their program whatsoever.

More accuracy, the go fast switch, higher magazine capacity, and ability to add various optics.

Why would the USDA be raiding meth labs? That is not within the scope of their program whatsoever.

Tell that to their website.

Tell that to their website.

Besides, if you're all dressed up in tacticool stuff, you gotta accessorize properly or people will laugh at you, and the fashion police will call you names. :p;)

http://news.yahoo.com/piggy-piggy-u-turns-military-gear-hunt-feral-161105995.html

So the USDA wants to buy thermal scopes that snap onto high-powered rifles to kill the wild beasts.

"We're going to get them, oh yes we are," said Jason Wilking with USDA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS), which has put out bids for 11 scopes since April 7.

The thermal scopes are part of a $20 million nationwide project to combat the feral swine, which have gobbled down apples in New York state, cleaned out cornfields in North Carolina, and even devoured bovine calves in Mississippi.

Back