• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Will it be my next gun?

A fiber front site will work fine for Feathered or Clay birds.

Shoot the gun first, before you mess with the front bead.
If you are shooting moving birds, then your eyes should not be on the bead any way. Looking at the bead, is a guaranteed miss.

The only thing I think I am going to run into is changing stocks out. None of the other stocks are compatible with the 930 as they are with the 500/590 etc. Which doesnt make any sense to me if the 930 has a tactical model. I guess unless you spend 1000 plus on a semi shotgun can't expect to have accessories for it?

What is refreshing is I have spoken with a firearms instructor that ran a mossberg 930 and a benelli and the mossberg actually preformed better in some cases.

The 930 has an internal recoil tube that extends the length of the stock. This makes it difficult to do much in the design of aftermarket stocks. They must all comform the angle and length of this tube.

Pump guns do not have this and therefore accept a much wider variety of stock designs.

yeah I read that somewhere. I know mossberg offers a pistol grip stock for it and maybe just put a cheek weld on that.

XS makes a Big Dot tritium that simply epoxy's over your current bead. For Part time Home defense use I wouldn't worry to much about replicating SPX ghost rings.

As others have stated I'd go with a Fiber optic on the bird barrel. There are several good ones to choose from.

Back