• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

working on the action slide tube assembly

mbshop

.270 WIN
One of the arms does not move up and down at all. I think it is jamming a bit in the housing. I would like to pull the pin that holds the arm to the tube and file a bit of metal off so that it moves a bit. Anyone ever pull one of those pins ? Thanks,

The pins in the action bars don't come right out. As you have seen they have to be pulled out backwards; they cannot be hammered through. The other thing is to drill them out.

I have never been able to remove them. I suggest another solution such as soaking with PB Blaster.

Yea, they certainly didn't mean for it to be worked on at all. I have stared at it and stared at it. Also loosing some sleep over it. But I will come up with a solution. One solution is to just cut the housing carefully to get the pin out and then reweld the cut. That part is just rough finished plain steel so not that critical.

I highly recommend to replace the forend because: you won't be out much money after you sell your old one AND anything late model will be better than what you have.

remember that this is different than the normal ones. to get this off I have to take the mag tube off first.

Ok, those are a pretty good forend/tube setup, try soaking in PB and see if that arm will loosen. If it is just rusty soak in acid.

the arm is loose. it was installed a tad to close to the body its installed in. thus it is unable to move.
half a mm higher and I would be ok.

took it apart again and looked at the issue again. seems that when things are together the slide tube does not go as far back as I had thought.
this prevents the arm/bar from going back as far as I had thought so at this time I see no issues thus I will leave things alone for now.

Back