• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Would Obama's magazine ban apply to .22s

Nobody knows yet.

Actually, Obama has called on Congress to make this stuff up.

But since it has a grip and detachable mag, it would probably fall under an assault weapon with the way they determine that crap.

Yep. but it won't pass with enough effort from the citizens and the House and the Senate. Have you written Your Senators and Congressman yet??

http://www.house.gov/representatives/#state_oh

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_i ... m?State=OH

There is a strong groundswell against the proposed measures. Let them know where you stand or that may be the last 25 round mag that you buy for a long time. The last AWB lasted 10 years. The only reason that it ran out was that was one of the provisional give backs that helped put it in place. No one tried Prohibition a second time. Let's not allow America to experience another attack on the 2nd amendment!!

mingaa said:
Yep. but it won't pass with enough effort from the citizens and the House and the Senate. Have you written Your Senators and Congressman yet??

http://www.house.gov/representatives/#state_oh

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_i ... m?State=OH

There is a strong groundswell against the proposed measures. Let them know where you stand or that may be the last 25 round mag that you buy for a long time. The last AWB lasted 10 years. The only reason that it ran out was that was one of the provisional give backs that helped put it in place. No one tried Prohibition a second time. Let's not allow America to experience another attack on the 2nd amendment!!
I sent my 2 senators and my congressman emails a couple of weeks ago. Two of the 3 will NOT support the proposed measures, but I'm sure Senator Brown will. Unfortunately we are stuck with him for 6 more years.

I called every senator and congressman for Arkansas a couple of weeks ago, and I left messages with all but one congressman... I got ahold of him.

I told them that I think it is inhuman to use the children of Sandy Hook as a count for a personal agenda. Then I asked him a long question... If these 20 children would have died in vain if an assault weapon ban doesn't pass, then what about the hundreds of thousands of American soldiers that have died defending the constitution as it stands? Would we not have died in vain? What about me? Would my left eye not have been given in vain, would I not have been blown up I don't know how many times, shot, bled in vain?...

Then I got silence for about five seconds... And I thought Uhoh I did it now, I asked if I offended him, and he said no, this makes me need to make some phone calls, can I use this recording to sway some others?

But, if a ban does pass, I'm sure there will be a very short concise revolution that will only last as long as it takes a bunch of people to drive from Texas to DC, and then a few hours from there.

Rkillion said:
I called every senator and congressman for Arkansas a couple of weeks ago, and I left messages with all but one congressman... I got ahold of him.

I told them that I think it is inhuman to use the children of Sandy Hook as a count for a personal agenda. Then I asked him a long question... If these 20 children would have died in vain if an assault weapon ban doesn't pass, then what about the hundreds of thousands of American soldiers that have died defending the constitution as it stands? Would we not have died in vain? What about me? Would my left eye not have been given in vain, would I not have been blown up I don't know how many times, shot, bled in vain?...

Then I got silence for about five seconds... And I thought Uhoh I did it now, I asked if I offended him, and he said no, this makes me need to make some phone calls, can I use this recording to sway some others?

But, if a ban does pass, I'm sure there will be a very short concise revolution that will only last as long as it takes a bunch of people to drive from Texas to DC, and then a few hours from there.

Good for you. We all need to be as proactive.

Sadly, the ban did pass in NY. Not from a lack of writing or calling our congressmen, but from a governor that rushed it thru illegally, without the required 3 day discussion.

To answer the OP's question, here in NY it DOES apply to .22's. In fact, now even the 10 round mag is illegal. (the 25 rounder wasn't legal before) But to make matters worse, you can't even buy a tactical .22 no matter how big the mag is because anything with a pistol grip is illegal as well.

All we can hope for is that the law is overturned, and more importantly that other states don't follow!

I think it probably would be interpreted that way. My Sig 1911-22 would be banned simply because it has a threaded barrel. The supposed exception in Feinstein's bill for .22 applies only to fixed tube magazine rifles such as the old Savage 6A's and similar, or fixed mag tube, lever or pump guns. Removable magazines over 10 rds are a no-no under the bill.

I wonder if Feinsteins tampax magazine holds more than 10. :lol:

Back