• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wow. Back Street Pub

3skulls

.270 WIN
Have you guys seen this?

I don't have the full story but this is what I gather.
Owner posted this sign at his pub.

zu4urazy.jpg

It's been all over social media and he has already closed his Facebook page.

Check out the reviews he is getting over on Yelp.
http://m.yelp.com/biz/backstreets-pub-and-grill-clemson

It's his business, he is/will be feeling the fallout from this for a bit, I guess.
Honestly, if I'm going out drinking, I'm not CC'ing, so whatever.

Guess the place is in south carolina and had the balls to post a sign like that and not expect to catch some flack for it??

Their house their rules.I don't like it but I support his decision.

I also have the right to not support his business and take my money elsewhere. His notice will prevent a lot of people from supporting a anti-2A DB, which is not a bad thing.

Ironically he probably is armed himself or has a gun nearby he just doesn't want anyone else to be armed. Hope he realizes that criminals aren't going to honor his warning.

I wonder if anyone has pushed it by OC'ing there.

His right I guess but to call them D-bags is just stupid.

Where do you draw the line for a business, that's open to the public, to cut off a group of people from coming in?

Can a Black owner say no Whites allowed? Can a Christian cut off Muslims?
I'm not trying to start anything but really just wondering. At what point does an open to the public business become a private club? Are there different tax laws at that point? Zoning laws?

I know everyone can just say, "well I just won't go there" "their right to put up a sign, my right to not give them my money" etc.
Just makes me wonder which direction our society is headed.

He later added that he himself is a gun owner, but that he’s fed up with “irrational gun nuts.”

...figures. I guess I don't consider someone that wants to carry concealed to be a gun nut or a d-bag. I think the term is more appropriate to people with irrational fears of a guns.

MikeD called it!

Last edited:
I usually don't enter places that are posted. But it's getting to the point were I don't care if there is a sign or not. They will not know unless they search me and that is not happening. All they can do around here is ask you to leave. If you don't then they can then call the PD and you can be charged.

As far as the d'bag who owns the bar, he is an idiot and just wants attention. I hope his bar tanks and he finds himself out on the street...

Up until a couple years ago here in TN we could not carry into any establishment that served alcohol, period.

That meant not only bars, but restaurants that served alcohol as well. A new bill was passed allowing those with a valid HCP to carry into these establishments as long as the individual did not consume any alcohol. Is it legal to carry a firearm while under the influence in other states? If not, why would one carry a firearm into a pub since I would assume drinking is the reason for being at a pub in the first place...

If I can drive after A beer, I can carry. I you mean going out with a designated driver and drinking, I would hope my designated driver is also the designated shooter!

Back