• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

XS Sights - Mix & Match?

guitarsoulja

Copper BB
Is it technically possible to use a 590 rear XS Sights, but switch out the front site with a the banded sight that goes with the Rem 870? In other words, XS 590 sight rear, XS Rem 870 banded sight front. I'm not asking whether XS will sell me this combo or not, just wondering if it's technically possible. Thanks.

Two Problems...

Does the Height of the 870 Banded Front Sight match the height of the 590 Rear?

If not, you may not have the proper amount of adjustment in height to get shots on target and accurately. (That is if you can adjust their rear sight for height. I never had one in hand to use so I cannot tell you off hand.)

and

Does the Barrel Profile at the muzzle end of an 870 barrel, match that of a 590?

If not or even close enough, the front sight won't be attached well enough and may shift around, defeating it's purpose, shot after shot.

Best advice I can give you is, email XS and ask them if the 870 Banded Front Sight is compatible with the Mossberg 590 Rear Ghost Ring Sight. I have never had any problem contacting them and getting a good reply.

Best of Luck!
Rick

It's technically possible but as Itsricmo said you need to make sure that the line of sight is on the same axis as the bore else you will have problems with point of aim.

Thanks for info. I phoned XS Sights and found out that they have a rear sight/ banded front sight set for the 500/590, and it costs $160 (catalog price). Model number is MB-1002-4 in case you're looking. Thanks for the input.

Problem Solved!!! lol I will have to log that number somewhere for future reference. GRS are a common upgrade that a lot of people consider but costs to much for some to send out. $160 isn't bad and may open that door for some users

Back