• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

You New Yorkers better count your bullets!

Wow...brutal.

I'm a little disappointed that the two officers made the point to check his bullet count and then actually arrest and charge the guy. IDK, maybe the guy was a mouthpiece and pissed them off...but that is a real hit to legit gun owners. Too bad.

I'm wondering what the probable cause was to look in the mag. If he was able to show a permit to have it I can't see how they could have removed the mag to see the bullets.

Maybe there is a provision in the law that allows the police to do that but I do not see how they can without one.

They pulled him over for his license plate light being out.... BS

Found out he had an expired license... ok

Realized he had a handgun (he's probably coming back from the range) and checked it probably out of protocol. Counted past 7 in the mag and had a mangasm.

Seems like an add on charge.... but that's still BS.

Prediction... he will lose his pistol license most rikki tick. NYS sees a handgun license as the ultimate privilege. And if you break the new gun law you will lose said privilege. Hell one dude lost it because his kid said BB gun during recess.

I live in the 8th circle of hell. In this circle freedom is given away to the sounds of applause by the FSA. If I could leave I would. I have family in Virginia who would LOVE for me to rub elbows with them. But I have certain family ties here which has me stuck for a while.

Can you say police state? Man, the MO members in NY need to get the hell out before you end up as political prisoners down the road. That's coming next when the guns are gone. At least move just across the border into PA.

I'm never leaving Alaska... good luck down there guys! Has there been any headway on counter lawsuits against Cumo's crap???

carbinemike said:
Man, the MO members in NY need to get the hell out before you end up as political prisoners down the road.
uuhhhmmm you better stay and fight or it will be like cancer and spread.....can’t just retreat forever. I am sure there are some groups out there for you all to join or something.
I understand some of you have just been into the 2nd for the last few years so the idea might be easier for you to accept but there has to be a group or two in NY that have grown up 2A that isn’t willing to give up the state so easy.

Anything can happen at any time to any state…..we all need to stay in place. If it happens here I know a whole heap of folks that who aren’t going anywhere, and not giving up anything.

I half thought the law would about turn the other cheek on this in NY…guess not, fine… they will see once the lose favor with the citizens how hard their life can be because the politicians aren’t going to be there for them..... Once they make enemies on both sides of the fence. Firearms industry is already 86’n NY law enforcement.

There is a big firearms group in every section of NY except NYC and the 5 bouroughs. Even Long Island has a huge Firearms population.

Problem is NYC is so populated and LI has a huge soccer mom and city infiltration that it's reps are libs or RINOs.

Injunction hearing on the law was postponed last month. It's supposed to happen this month I believe. But the injunction doesn't look favorable. But who knows.

We will be fighting this for a few years. I have a feeling it will implement fully 1/15/14 with the ammo background checks being established before we see any outcome or ruling.

its gonna be tied up in state and federal courts for quite some time.

I hope Colorado gets their recall and dumps those politicians. It will show something at least!!

oli700 said:
Anything can happen at any time to any state…..we all need to stay in place. If it happens here I know a whole heap of folks that who aren’t going anywhere, and not giving up anything.

You're absolutely right oli, and I'm sure there are many of us, myself included, that tend to forget the hardships our brothers and sisters "with" arms are having to go through because of BS laws and politicians looking to sit another term. Keep fighting, keep standing our ground... that's what needs to be done if we want to retain our rights. I do what I can from up here, writing and emailing our reps and senators. If I'd have the financial means to fly down to one of the rallies I would... but feeding the family still comes first.

I, we (those of us fortunte to be living in states that don't oppress us) won't forget ya!

ahhhh now you see Mike, never invite people to your state :lol: , there won’t be any for you if you keep that up

There is an old slogan in Oregon "come visit but don’t stay" it’s just a snippet from a famous Oregon governor Tom McCall
He championed Oregon’s quality of life and battled anything that seemed to threaten it.
Referring to Oregon’s tourist industry in a 1971 speech, McCall may have first publicly voiced his famous “Come visit, don’t stay” slogan:
“I urge them to come and come many, many times to enjoy the beauty of Oregon. But I also ask them, for heaven’s sake, don’t move here to live.”

oli700 said:
ahhhh now you see Mike, never invite people to your state , there won’t be any for you if you keep that up
The PA wine and liquor laws suck (opposite of the gun laws!). We have to buy it from state run stores or bootleg from a border state. I was actually going to suggest that we take a cue from our ancestors and trade liquor for ammo.

Oh yeah, I like the attitude of your old govenor. He sounds a lot like my parents after I moved out. ;)

Tom396 said:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/13/n-y-man-arrested-for-having-two-extra-bullets-violating-states-7-bullet-cap/

Actually arrested for having too many bullets loaded in your legal gun. Jeez. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Question: Does this law only apply to handguns? Or is it applicable to shotguns and rifles also? I 'm thinking about what might have been the outcome if he'd had a shottie that will hold 8+1 or more.

GunnyGene said:
Tom396 said:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/13/n-y-man-arrested-for-having-two-extra-bullets-violating-states-7-bullet-cap/

Actually arrested for having too many bullets loaded in your legal gun. Jeez. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Question: Does this law only apply to handguns? Or is it applicable to shotguns and rifles also? I 'm thinking about what might have been the outcome if he'd had a shottie that will hold 8+1 or more.

From what I remember reading the law applies to all firearms except tube fed .22 LR rifles, so you better not load more than 7 in your 590 or you're getting the handcuffs :shock:

aksavanaman said:
GunnyGene said:
Tom396 said:

From what I remember reading the law applies to all firearms except tube fed .22 LR rifles, so you better not load more than 7 in your 590 or you're getting the handcuffs :shock:

Thanks, I'll remember that if I ever totally lose my mind and go to NYC. ;)

My brother lives in Delaware and he already smuggles me cheap alcohol into NY when he visits so now he needs to throw bricks of target 12ga and buck in the trunk too.

Back