• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

You New Yorkers better count your bullets!

GunnyGene said:
Tom396 said:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/13/n-y-man-arrested-for-having-two-extra-bullets-violating-states-7-bullet-cap/

Actually arrested for having too many bullets loaded in your legal gun. Jeez. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Question: Does this law only apply to handguns? Or is it applicable to shotguns and rifles also? I 'm thinking about what might have been the outcome if he'd had a shottie that will hold 8+1 or more.

Just looked at the law again. If you have a pump your fine. If its a semi auto then it's considered a assault weapon and requires registration if it has a military like feature. And if you have what they deem as more then one military Characteristic then they it's banned.

And with NYC (I consider them their own state) if you are driving through with long gun. It has to be stored in the trunk and unloaded and they give you 24 hours to transport it through NYC.

ScottieMack said:
GunnyGene said:
Tom396 said:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/13/n-y-man-arrested-for-having-two-extra-bullets-violating-states-7-bullet-cap/

Actually arrested for having too many bullets loaded in your legal gun. Jeez. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Question: Does this law only apply to handguns? Or is it applicable to shotguns and rifles also? I 'm thinking about what might have been the outcome if he'd had a shottie that will hold 8+1 or more.

Just looked at the law again. If you have a pump your fine. If its a semi auto then it's considered a assault weapon and requires registration if it has a military like feature. And if you have what they deem as more then one military Characteristic then they it's banned.

590 Mariner w/barrel shroud. Anyway, I was just curious :) . Not planning to visit NYC in this life.

Btw, MS goes open carry June 1. No carry permit required unless the weapon is totally concealed. :D Some States still have respect for the 2nd. :D

Is there a limit on the number of mags that one can carry in NY?! If not I bet there will be. If I line my gun belt, pockets and pouches with these - 7 rounds per and none in the chamber I can carry 168 rounds with me AND I can swap mags at a rate that would cause a grabber to probably wet 'em!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

8740981245_de977d3939.jpg

no mag limit. Actually having more mags was encouraged by one of the gun grabbers in defense of the 7 round limit.

Here's the elected NY tyrant trying to force the NY sheriffs into compliance:

Instead, Cuomo pushed the sheriffs to stop publicly speaking out against the act, Moss said.

"The governor was of the opinion that the sheriffs around the state should not be interjecting their personal opinions in reference to the law," Moss said, adding that Cuomo said sheriffs can't do that and enforce the law.

One person briefed on the meeting said Cuomo threatened to remove sheriffs from office, a little-used power afforded the state's chief executive under the state constitution. Moss would not confirm this. He did say the meeting was heated at times, but overall he described it as "cordial."

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article ... 532930.php

Right cordial but heated - "Excuse me but has anyone mentioned that you have alienated a large group of your constituients, made a mockery of the constitution and that most law enforcement officers would like to take you to the shooting range and give you a few pointers - behind the skeet shed?"

"Thank you for mentioning that. I have heard similar comments over the last few months. I'm sure that you realize the breadth of power that I have holding this office and that I have a certain, untracable way of crushing others that go against me while still keeping my hands clean."

"Ho-ho-ho, if I didn't know better sir I'd have to take that remark as a threat."

"No-no, nothing like that. By the way do say hello to your lovely wife Cindy and the twins and I DO hope that your Lab Sparky shows up at home soon - what's it been now - two weeks?"

Here's someone with some common sense:

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/05/30/e ... w-gun-law/

The incident in question took place May 12 at 9:45 p.m., two New York State police officers stopped 31-year-old Gregory Dean from Dutchess County on Route 22 in the town of New Lebanon after noticing that the license plate light on Dean’s car was broken, the DA said.

Thereafter, three summonses were issued, said the former Columbia County judge. “Dean was charged with driving with a suspended license; an inadequate license plate; and for unlawful possession of ammunition device, which is a Class B misdemeanor.”

In determining which charges to prosecute, Czajka said he looks at the seriousness and nature of the crime together with the history of the defendant as well as enumerable other circumstances. “I determined that it was best to exercise prosecutorial discretion and decline prosecution on the charge of unlawful possession of ammunition device.”

The troopers charged Dean with having nine bullets in the magazine of his firearm, he said. “Under the new law, seven is the maximum.”

Back