• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

Re: Does the 930 Home Security have a heavy barrel?

My model #85336 (heavy barrel) OD at the receiver is 1.35" and .93" at the most narrow point at the end of the forend...

Thanks. I'll measure those points on mine. Mysterious Mossberg always keeping us guessing.

My OD is .91" at muzzle, .91" near the piston, 1.18" nearing the receiver and 1.21"right where it meets the receiver. So the difference between heavy barrel or thin barrel at the end of the barrel where a clamp fastens is 0.02"? I need to get ahold of Nordic. They sell 2 clamps. One for heavy barrel guns and one for not heavy barrel guns. I believe the 590A1 barrels are over an inch whereas many thin barrel guns are around 0.85 or so and apparently some guns fall in between. I suppose a clamp that is too small is better than one that's too big? I probably should have called and asked them before ordering. I really appreciate all the advice here. I'm still not sure which clamp to get though and I'll follow up on this thread in hopes of helping some other Mossberg owners.

If Mossberg is consistent at one thing, it's being inconsistent.

Looks like the difference at the end of the muzzle is only .02", but at least .14" at the receiver. It appears that the taper in the heavy barrels is a bit more extreme. But for your purpose as far as the barrel clamp goes, looks like there's only a .02" difference. I'd give NC a call and see what they advise. Good luck and please keep us posted...

I have a New Mossberg 12ga 24" matte fully rifled rifle sight barrel

I am looking for 26"-28" choke barrel (w/chokes a +) FOUND ONE

May be selling my slug barrel when I finally receive it with my gun.

Just got off the phone with Ryan at Nordic Components. They call for the standard clamp for the home security model, not the clamp meant for the heavy barrel. If it doesn't work right, I'll let you all and them know.

Everything I've seen has the has model with standard barrel, but those measurements are near identical to those in that thread I listed... Seems screwy to me but I'm betting you have the standard barrel

Greetings,

Below is a cut & paste from Mossbergs' site. What does the "Accu - UTIL-FULL only" mean.

Turkey 93025 Adjustable FO 12 GA. 24" Accu - UTIL-FULL only Matte

Is the barrel treaded, and can the choke be changed out? With the right choke installed will it shoot both shot, slug and 00?

Thanks
hagatha

Thank you Mr Pants... Just what I was looking for...

Now for a question about magazine extention tubes. I intend to go to a 24" barrel... now I want to know what length of tube can I put on it without going in front of the barrel.

I've looked at both Choate and Nordic. Choate only gives a +# for shots... Nordic gives a length... is it +7, +8, +9 or +10???

Thanks

They sent the standard clamp, it fits fine. With the new style tube, it shouldn't move at all. Ryan and the guys at Nordic are good.

Poopypants said:
So..... yeah..... def supposed to come with the gas spring... waited almost 2 whole months for the stupid thing n it's got to go right back to them. I'm pissed.

turn around, 4-5 weeks THEN if it comes back complete I'll get to test fire my hunting rounds n report back with a review on the barrel performance and accuracy of dupo28 rounds from a rifled barrel.
poopypants said:
Yup, I'd expect the piston is interchangeable throughout n is easy enough to swap....

well fedex picked it up on the prepaid shipping label they sent me...count down to return begins now

so an update....

when I was given a prepaid postage to print out and send my barrel back, David, the guy I talked to, said he had notes on the computer and would make sure to expedite the return process for me... just give him a call after I see the tracking shows its delivered on their end to remind him...

I thought great! someone random@Mossberg CS that's on my side!

well I go ahead and give him a call at his extension, get and leave a voicemail and hope for the best, he said he'd have it back in a week @ most and it arrived there on June 7th.... today, June 20th and still nothing, no call back no email(all of which he had from the first transaction)

so I call back today to find out what's going on, same extension but now I get this absolutely insufficient and pushy last named Sonya... I speak to her for a couple minutes trying to get her the info cause I guess David "no longer works in that department"

"well he said he left notes regarding this"I said frustrated again cause she now says "oh yes,I see it now, it arrived on the 7th and is still waiting approval for repair from the head of tech support... it will be at least 6 weeks before it gets sent out"

I of course am upset and say that's not what I was told previously, can I please speak to David and he can straighten this out wether he's in this department or not... she snaps at me"there is no phone where David is working, I can't help what he told you but I can't do anything about it"....

im about to lose it and tell her what for when BING! a flash to my mind from Mossberg owners posts gone by.... "fine, May I please speak to Javier Contreras?" I got the fastest please hold and a click to hold music I think I have ever heard...

she comes back on briefly "one second sir I getting the information together" a couple minutes later "ok, I spoke to the head of the technical department, he had yet to hear about what was going on but he says he's sorry he'll get on it before this weekend and try to get it out first thing next week, by the way my name is Sonya again and I am sorry but I couldn't tell you anything more without his approval first (obviously trying to cover her butt and instead left me with the name of the worst cs employee ever that will be getting emailed to Javier), is there anything else I can do for you?"

oh yes, by the way, what is the name of the tech supervisor you had to get approval from? "Joe Zakher" oh, ok, I exchanged emails with him a couple months ago, good to know.......... nothing...but....silence...

goodbye, a meager "goodbye sir"....

so thanks Mossberg owners, again you've saved my butt by allowing me to name drop the heads of both the CS department AND associate myself with the head of their technical department to utterly floor this crap excuse of a CS representative...

Greetings,

I just ordered a 93025 from Mossberg. A 24" matte adjust FO. I also ordered a +5 ext tube from Nordic along with a barrel clamp. Going for a either a reflex or a micro tube of some sorts for optics... and will add on a streamlight with a remote switch...

What kind of wait times can you expect from Mossberg? they said 8 weeks...

This set up will round out my 3 gun trio. Now I have to practice the ghost load on the 930. With the ghost it will run 10+ 1.

hagatha

hagatha said:
Greetings,

I just ordered a 93025 from Mossberg. A 24" matte adjust FO. I also ordered a +5 ext tube from Nordic along with a barrel clamp. Going for a either a reflex or a micro tube of some sorts for optics... and will add on a streamlight with a remote switch...

What kind of wait times can you expect from Mossberg? they said 8 weeks...

This set up will round out my 3 gun trio. Now I have to practice the ghost load on the 930. With the ghost it will run 10+ 1.

hagatha

.....expect to wait 8 weeks, your card authorization to expire in 30 days, and that you'll have to call in yourself to find out your barrel is sitting there not shipped cause they didn't have payment authorization anymore but couldn't possibly be bothered to contact you about the reauthorization of a payment method.....THEN.... you'll get your barrel a week or more later and it won't contain the gas spring system in the attached gas cylinder and your front sight is floating around loose in the box.... you'll have to send it back in to Mossberg, be promised it will be back in 2 weeks and when you check on it 2 weeks later you find out they haven't touched it and won't possibly be ready for yet another 6 weeks(to insert a spring and some gas seals) n you'll have to name drop the heads of Mossberg service departments to get any action outta them....then hope they actually get you your barrel you've paid for twice and waited 3-4 months for.

put simply, it's awesome.

Mr. Pants, it sounds like you've had some trouble with the customer service at Mossberg... It's good to know about the card authorization though, I hadn't thought of that. From your post, I assume the gas seal and sight were suppose to be installed.
Can I ask for your point of contact, and who finally got the order completed?

thanks
hagatha

I ordered the barrel online from Mossberg on the 6/23, called CS on 7/3 and got the invoice #, on 7/9 I got the email to re-authorize the c/c. and today I got the fedex tracking info, scheduled to be delivered on 7/16. That is about 3+ weeks, not bad....

hagatha

Greetings,

The barrel came yesterday, right on schedule! I went to the range this morning... I put 40 slugs through it, that's about all my shoulder would take... I'm going to check everything to see if it stayed tight. I got the Vortex zeroed in at 50m. I'll post a pic soon

I'm sure there are those that have had a hard time with Mossberg C/S... But they were great!

hagatha

Back