• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

do this... go to their website, click their search bar and just type in 93028. this is a model number for a rifled barrel and will pull up a search result for their entire barrel catalog.

NOW if you like, you can order right through the website, but let me suggest you find the model number for the barrel you are interested in then call in the order over the phone. When you get them on the phone tell them you don't want the plastic clamshell packaging that it comes in and you heard that it would reduce the price without it... it will save you quite a bit of money n won't take any longer to get to you.

good luck getting your new barrel ordered.

Does the 930 Home Security have a heavy barrel?

Does the 930 Home Security have a heavy barrel?

I'm trying to figure out which Nordic barrel/mag clamp to get. They sell 2 different ones, one for guns without the heavy barrel and one for guns with.

Are the 930 Home Security models equipped with heavy barrels?

Barrel dimensions are:

Wall of barrel .098"

OD of barrel .91"

ID of barrel .72"

So heavy or thin based upon those measurements?

Re: Does the 930 Home Security have a heavy barrel?

i love that model, i think its a great gun (the 930 in general is awesome). it does not have the heavy barrel. standard wall barrel on the HS.

I bought the security barrel separate and it is not a heavy barrel. The SPX versions have a much beefier barrel.

Appreciate the info. Called Mossberg this morning as was told it is not the heavy/thick wall barrel.

So what 930 models is the heavy/thick wall barrel standard on?

breakingcontact said:
Appreciate the info. Called Mossberg this morning as was told it is not the heavy/thick wall barrel.

So what 930 models is the heavy/thick wall barrel standard on?

The SPX models have a thick walled barrel, not sure if there are others. These also have an elevated sight, no bead.

breakingcontact said:
Right. The model w the breacher barrel may be heavy walled?

I think so, I forget about that one as it's usually off my radar.

Me too. I mentioned it as a friend is thinking of getting one. Thanks for the info here. I hate buying wrong thing and having to return it.

the breacher barrels are heavy walled, along with the spx.

Barrel dimensions are:

Wall of barrel .098"

OD of barrel .91"

ID of barrel .72"

So heavy or thin based upon those measurements?

I don't recall the specs, I just know that the breacher barrels and spx barrels are heavy walled which means they are thicker walled over the standard barrels. That thickness would have to transfer to the OD and not the ID for obvious reasons. Have you gone to Mossberg's website and reviewed the specs?

Keep in mind that there are two different versions of the breacher barrel.

Most of the breachers you see are 590a1 barrels with the breaching tool added. These appear on 590a1, 590, and some 500 models. However, there are breachers made from standard 500 barrels as well. Same goes for the 930. The 930 HS is usually found with a standard blued barrel while the 930 Tactical is made with a matte blued heavy walled barrel...

930 Home Security #85330

^ standard barrel

930 Tactical #85336

^ heavy barrel

If you look closely, you'll see a distinct difference in the breaching tools and how they are fixed to the different barrels...

Thanks for weighing in.

I am discussing a 930 Home Security with 18" barrel, bead sight with no muzzle device and a matte black finish.

Do you have a model number?

If it's a #85320 then no, it does not have a heavy-walled barrel...

Argh! Yes. That is the model #. Nordic offers two clamps. I ordered the heavy barrel one. Will have to try and rectify that before it ships.

Thanks for the help. Anyone have the actual heavy barrel measurements?

Gimme a minute and I'll break out the calipers...

Back