• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone notice other forums unfriendly atmosphere ? Makes you really appreciate it here

Just for S+Gs you should ask a question about the Walther G36 .22LR knock-off! :D Oh, wait--I don't want to get you banned from there! :eek:

Wouldn't be a big loss ..... we should all ask those type of questions there to get their cult panties in a bunch ..... [emoji6]

Last edited:
I'm a member of several other gun forums and I must admit this one is head & shoulders above the rest. What more can you ask for - everyone helps each other out, nobody flames other members, yet even the moderators like to break each others' b _ _ _s in a humorous, non-offensive way, and aren't the least bit dictatorial. Newbs are welcomed with open arms and no question is too simple to be answered in a non-sarcastic fashion. Ever lurk on some of the AR forums - those guys are brutal if you don't agree with their concepts of the ultimate tacticool weapons!

The only thing I don't quite understand is - is it my imagination or does there seem to be more moderators on MO than the general member population? o_O

The only thing I don't quite understand is - is it my imagination or does there seem to be more moderators on MO than the general member population? o_O

Compared to the overall populous no, compared to the average amount of active posters at any given time, probably.

Many people come and go or only check in on occasion, its the nature of forums. Unlike other sites I've been on the mods here are active posters who enjoy interacting with each other and with the forum as a whole. I think that's part of what sets us apart from some other sites and a philosophy that keeps the MO community growing.

Yeah, I know, was just busting you moderators' chops. But it's a good thing the moderators here post more frequently than on most other forums I've seen - after all you guys are probably the most knowledgeable here of all things Mossberg, and y'all do it with a sense of humor!

Heck, we're here to learn from one another too! ;)

I never considered myself among the more knowledgable folks on here. I happened to be here very early on, I think there were 20 members or less at that time. I am humbled by the excellent members and mods alike, I find my own questions being answered. I seek help and info from these guys all the time. There are so many very knowledgable folks on here who have experience in so many areas, we'd be remiss not to open discussion to areas beyond solely OFM.

Marlinowners is a great site with great people. Can't stand thehighroad and calguns.

I've used THR and Calguns for info a few times but never as a member and I've never posted on either. I have posted on Wevo, those guys are pretty decent folks, that's where I found M24shooter. NiteSite came to us from shotgun world I believe. I found a write up from him on some ... Any guesses? ???

AMMO! It was Federal TruBall slugs. I really liked his write up and asked if I could share it here. I posted it and gave him a link. In no time at all he was a regular here and if ever I find mysel in Alabama again I'm gonna look him up and take him out for some ribs! Southern pit BBQ ... Mmmmmm Our southern bulldog just recently passed so who knows, I may head back down for a cur or another bulldog.

Yeah, I know, was just busting you moderators' chops. But it's a good thing the moderators here post more frequently than on most other forums I've seen - after all you guys are probably the most knowledgeable here of all things Mossberg, and y'all do it with a sense of humor!
no your right, moderators are the valuable members here. for a long time the only real active members were moderators and now its only half lol......the membership doesn't mater in this case , if you only have 20 active members you don't need 20 mods if you have 10000 members because only 10 talk a day and only 5 of those are worth reading , 3 were mods

no offense to anyone but LES and Old Mossy are all this site really needs....the rest of you would make excellent members .....its not so bad on this side of the tracks....where you guys sent me lol

Back