• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. azcederburg

My 7+1 930 only takes 6 in the mag tube

Well...let us know how it goes! BTW - I am going to be buying an extension for my Breacher ... which brand did you go with?
  2. azcederburg

930SPX and FTE

So...I have actually been cruising some other forums (on other sites) for this issue and found a couple of things. Here is an excerpt of text that seemed to resonate with me and something that I will probably try. The description this guy gave of his 930 FTE issues sound very similar to yours...
  3. azcederburg

I would gauge that by your last-round spring pressure. If you never have any issues with the last round from the mag feeding, you could probably try (at your own risk, of course). If it was me, I would try maybe 1 coil and see if it works (to get a 7th in the mag tube)...if it does not, I...
  4. azcederburg

930SPX and FTE

The only "rhyme or reason" I have found is that my 930 (non-SPX) seems to be very picky about the hull type. Most of the cheap target loads out there (at least Estate & Winchester anyway) seem to use a cheap, aluminum, short-base hull. My 930 as about a 1 in 10 failure rate with these cheaper...
  5. azcederburg

OK ... I think I know what your problem is. Your 930 is not a 7 + 1 gun. What you have is a Mossberg 930 Breacher. That particular model ONLY holds 4+1 ... so, 4 in the mag tube and 1 in the chamber. With a +2 extension installed, you are now ONLY 6+1 ... exactly how many you are getting in...
  6. azcederburg

Did I get bad ammo?

This is EXACTLY the issue that I have experienced in my new Mossberg 930 Breacher. At a local 3-gun match I was in over the weekend, pretty much every person there advised me to stay away from the Winchester bulk stuff (target loads). One guy there said that he does run it pretty successfully...
  7. azcederburg

My new 930 Breacher ... Review and Questions

Well ... I made it out to my first 3-gun match and boy was it an education. I actually had a lot of fun, but equipment malfunctions kind of marred my first time out (part of my education). On my Mossy 930 Breacher, I only got to shoot about 30 rounds. On the first stage that required a...
  8. azcederburg

If you look at my photos from the first post on this thread, the one with the sight picture ... you can see the receiver, scope base screws. Let me take a step back. When I first took possession of this new 930 and was cleaning it, I noticed that the white-dot bead was not parallel with bore...
  9. azcederburg

SeaScout and Oli700, Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated. I am very new to shottys and have never owned one. I have shot friends' shottys, but this 930 breacher (and an old Remmy 1100, 16ga I recently acquired) is my first dive into the scatter gun arena. I guess I figured...
  10. azcederburg

I don't think so. Near as I can tell, the breacher muzzle brake on my barrel is fixed and cannot be removed. I know that the road blocker muzzle brake is removable, so maybe somebody makes a threaded breacher brake that you could install. Also, on the heatshield...mine is a permanent (welded...
  11. azcederburg

930 security model FTE, only fitting 4 2 3/4" in it also!

Re: 930 security model FTE, only fitting 4 2 3/4" in it also Hey ... also on the only 4 in magazine tube thing ... I am pretty sure that's all the non-SPX models will fit. My new 930 Breacher will only do 4+1 and I tried three different brands / load types ... only 4 in the magazine tube. A...
  12. azcederburg

Well, I got one for Christmas. It's not the SPX; however, I don't really like pistol grips on shottys, the mag extension is an easy upgrade, and based on front-site issues (with the plethora of others), I really didn't want to risk $600+ on the SPX. I got this one ... are you ready for this...
  13. azcederburg

930 as shipped...

Based on all the research I have done (including SoCal's comments ;) ... I think most of the QC issues come out of the Mossberg factory in Texas. The Mavericks and Mossy's that are assembled in New Haven seem to have much fewer QC issues. Very, very interesting. There are some mighty fine...
  14. azcederburg

930 as shipped...

SoCal...most of your comments have made me really, really apprehensive about my purchase; however, this one slightly encourages me. My 930 (breacher) that is on the way was made in North Haven. I sure hope that means I will be largely free of the issues many of you have experienced with the...
  15. azcederburg

The troubled history but bright future of the 930 SPX

Re: The troubled history of the 930 SPX Well...I have to say that I am scared. I have been building-up my collection to shoot 3-gun and with a couple of decent pistols, an AR and good comp rig, the shotty was my last thing to buy. I just bought a 930 online and almost wish I didn't now...
Back