• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

3rd rev. Mossberg 930 SPX Build Thread

Re: Latest Acquisition!!! 3rd rev. Mossberg 930 SPX mini rev

Let us know how you end up liking the porting.

DHonovich said:
Just left the range... Actually still in the parking lot (on my TMobile G2) sent 30rds of winchester bird shots down range. Absolutely no problems cycling ( my main worry about the porting, affecting the cycling of the gas piston). And the recoil on these exact same shots about a week ago seems a lot lighter and the barrel lift is nearly non existent. R&D Customs did a great job...

RippSpeed said:
DHonovich said:
Just left the range... Actually still in the parking lot (on my TMobile G2) sent 30rds of winchester bird shots down range. Absolutely no problems cycling ( my main worry about the porting, affecting the cycling of the gas piston). And the recoil on these exact same shots about a week ago seems a lot lighter and the barrel lift is nearly non existent. R&D Customs did a great job...

Ripp,

post some pix when you can, so we can see what that looks like. Sounds like he did a good job. Congrats.

mister_e said:
RippSpeed said:
DHonovich said:

Ripp,

post some pix when you can, so we can see what that looks like. Sounds like he did a good job. Congrats.
Mister E;

Look on the first post... I constantly update the first post...

Re: Latest Acquisition!!! 3rd rev. Mossberg 930 SPX Review

Gotcha. Well this answers my question in your 'how-to' on the rail, too. ;)

That's a pretty fat vertical grip there. What brand is that?

mister_e said:
Gotcha. Well this answers my question in your 'how-to' on the rail, too. ;)

That's a pretty fat vertical grip there. What brand is that?
Its a Sig Sauer StopLite ... iTac also makes the same one price was the same.

RippSpeed said:

Ok, I've seen those before under some AR's. It's definitely a different look.

I thought about adding something for a little quicker transitioning between targets, but if I do add something it will most likely be like the Magpul AFG, so as to not get hung up on anything. That's why I don't keep the slings on them when they are in the house. I think the Nordic clamp and rail would be ideal for adding a light (TLR-1s or a TLR-3 by Streamlight), that might be the way I will go. I already have a TLR-2s, but don't think I want a laser on the shotty ;)

Now that I know where to look for your upgrades :D It's looking really nice.

mister_e said:
RippSpeed said:

Ok, I've seen those before under some AR's. It's definitely a different look.

I thought about adding something for a little quicker transitioning between targets, but if I do add something it will most likely be like the Magpul AFG, so as to not get hung up on anything. That's why I don't keep the slings on them when they are in the house. I think the Nordic clamp and rail would be ideal for adding a light (TLR-1s or a TLR-3 by Streamlight), that might be the way I will go. I already have a TLR-2s, but don't think I want a laser on the shotty ;)

Now that I know where to look for your upgrades :D It's looking really nice.

Thanx for the comments... I personally chose the stoplite because I felt my wife would have more of a hold of the 930spx with it and didnt want to swap out the forend with the aimpro tactical forend. I want the eta rhino tactical stock sooo it wouldnt be too heavy once I purchase that one...

Plus the Sig Sauer Stoplite puts out 700lumens .. which is bright enough ...

reeseman67 said:
RippSpeed said:
mackgriggs said:
@RippSpeed

So, you bought it at turners.com used, right? I show that they really don't sell new?
Huh??? They have it on there catalog online... for $599.98, brotha let me help you out and make it more simple...

http://www.turners.com/engage/springflyer_2011.php

its in there... sale ends @ April 21

Thats not a bad price... GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN!!!! Love the newest 'version', the 'heavier' bbl was REALLY A HAPPY SUPRISE.. Oh, and a SLING STUD, YEAH!!! Enjoy your new 'toy'!! And I LOVE MY 1300 Defender too, but as a pump it's a bigger kicker, but the speedpump SURE DOES HELP ;) !!
Stephen

Not trying to be that guy, but I picked mine up at a local Walmart, standard stock, 18.5 barrel $324 NIB.

Bass Slayer72 said:
RippSpeed said:
mackgriggs said:
@RippSpeed

So, you bought it at turners.com used, right? I show that they really don't sell new?
Huh??? They have it on there catalog online... for $599.98, brotha let me help you out and make it more simple...

http://www.turners.com/engage/springflyer_2011.php

its in there... sale ends @ April 21

Not trying to be that guy, but I picked mine up at a local Walmart, standard stock, 18.5 barrel $324 NIB.
that's an awesome deal....

but the spx comes with expensive sights and a magazine extension tube... and given that ad he quoted is no longer available we don't know if it also had the$70 (albeit ugly imo and overpriced) pg stock.... so really the price with added options isn't all that far off

Back