• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 Flex and ATI Tactical Shotgun Ultimate Pro Stock

Here is the ATI stock attached

IMG_20130217_071419.jpg

I must say after the removal of the FLEX adapter the rest was simple install. I would remind anyone who is attempting this GREASE. Grease all screws especially for this install where there is a lot of metal on metal contact.

hanoverfiste said:
Anyone who owns a FLEX 500 should recognize these parts.

IMG_20130216_144826.jpg

the pin punched out with a little work the "flex" adapter came out with a little more work, apparently Mossberg when this weapon was assembled added loc tite to the threads. But it eventually came out.

I was going to do a video but I do not have any proper equipment and my son shakes worse than I do so....no video

i know them real good :lol:
nice job on your mod to your flex.

Well seeing how this comes apart and looks like apart should make putting it together rather simple lol... where could more "rolled pins" be located?

Itsricmo said:
Well seeing how this comes apart and looks like apart should make putting it together rather simple lol... where could more "rolled pins" be located?

Possibly Mossberg, but I don't know if all their parts are sold individually, but it never hurts to ask.

stigmata said:
Itsricmo said:

Possibly Mossberg, but I don't know if all their parts are sold individually, but it never hurts to ask.

Thank you, Stigmata! If everything works out I will certainly give our Rep an email to see if I can get a few new ones just in case anything happens.

Itsricmo said:

I don't know where more rolled pins can be located. I actually thought I had bent this one but nope, everything is fine (otherwise I would have never traded it)

Actually I take this back (the where to find them part) found this site http://www.huyett.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_36 they have them

Or if your prefer http://www.amazon.com/315-Pieces-Roll-P ... assortment

I will keep both those pages in mind when I receive the adapter, but I don't think that there will be a problem. I can't wait ^_^

Itsricmo said:
stigmata said:
Itsricmo said:

Thank you, Stigmata! If everything works out I will certainly give our Rep an email to see if I can get a few new ones just in case anything happens.

Glad it worked out.
Post if you find the rolled pin FM Mossberg, just in case I may need one when I remove mine. :lol:

I think that an Fastenal or ACE Hardware (hardware store in general) should have one. I know the Fastenal across the road as a good amount of them. I was digging through my original box for the mossberg 500 field that mine started as and it has a rolled pin inside a baggy... what and where is it from? I don't know... is it a sign?? :)

Itsricmo said:
I think that an Fastenal or ACE Hardware (hardware store in general) should have one. I know the Fastenal across the road as a good amount of them. I was digging through my original box for the mossberg 500 field that mine started as and it has a rolled pin inside a baggy... what and where is it from? I don't know... is it a sign?? :)
ACE might work, they have all kinds of things you can find there that u can't anywhere else.
If it is a sign then hope there's 2 in case I can't find one. :lol:

:lol: I would gladly send it your way! If I find one at ACE that works I will send that your way too! Would be 44 cents for the stamp and cost of the pin... well worth your services to me for helping find the adapter and stock!!!

hanoverfiste said:
Here is the ATI stock attached

IMG_20130217_071419.jpg

I must say after the removal of the FLEX adapter the rest was simple install. I would remind anyone who is attempting this GREASE. Grease all screws especially for this install where there is a lot of metal on metal contact.
This is extremely helpful. Thank you!

I joined this forum today specifically to get information on adding a folder to my 500 Flex.

Can you answer one more question? Once I have the Flex adapter removed I am no longer shopping for Flex stocks. Would I be looking for regular Mossberg 500 stocks?

That is correct.

Once you remove the FLEX adapter, you've opened the door to a wide array of aftermarket stocks...

So it looks like I am trying to do the opposite. I have an older 590 that I would like to convert to the flex stock system... Where can I get one of the flex adapters? It doesn't look like mossberg is selling them (yet).

21salute said:
So it looks like I am trying to do the opposite. I have an older 590 that I would like to convert to the flex stock system... Where can I get one of the flex adapters? It doesn't look like mossberg is selling them (yet).
The flex adaptors are hard to find right now.... Haven't seen any anywhere personally.....
But if and when you do find one, the rest of the Flex TLS is available.... I have seen the flex items at Acedemy sporting goods (if there is one near you), Bass pro shops here and there, and local gun shops seem to have a few on hand as well.... If not, amazon or eBay work wonders too.
Oh and welcome to the forum....good luck in your search and if i come across one ill hit you up.

21salute said:

Hey, I am trying to trade/sell my FLEX adapter. Get your post count up (I believe it's 10) and shoot me a private message. We can try and work something out!

Back