• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 has got the canted front sight problem..ALSO! HELP!

reeseman67

.270 WIN
O.K., well I THOUGHT I had checked the front sight on this new 590A1, much as I did w/my SPX, finally REALLY studied it.... It's crooked, they even bumped the front sight blade over, so they let this leave the factory KNOWING this front sight is sub-par, granted since it's a blade not a F.O. dot, I could probably 'get away' w/keeping as is, but my O.C.D. wont allow me to have this barrel w/the front sight's bottom 'track' going DIAGONAL over the barrel! Anyone have some advice as theyre already spouted me the "send it to US, we'll TAKE A LOOK", I like/have come to love Mossberg products, I dont trust their C.S. farther than I can throw it(there is one though.... :D )! Any suggestions? (prefer these sights for a pump gun, cant believe this' what happens when I avoid the SPX to avoid any 'canted' front sight... YET HERE I AM!! :evil: )
Stephen

Re: 590A1 has got the canted front sight problem..ALSO! HELP

Rossignol!! I called again (trying to get a different rep,lol) and the BESTEST C.S. PERSON IN THE WORLD ANSWERED!! Thank you Ms.E, wish I knew your M.O. forum name ,lol!! And again, thank you Rossignol for helpin' me on the SPX!! A new barrel has been ordered w/a note making sure they check the front sight for alignment, before being sent out to me, cant go w/out a BARREL, it's taken over H.D. duty, nice to see Mossy accommodate the 'H.D. lineup' of it's customers!!!(wonder how much that beautiful parkerized heavy barrel weighs?) THINGS ARE LOOKING UP! Hope it doesnt take too long as I prob wouldnt care TOO much, but would 'bug' me and I want to put it up to the plate launching slugs. And canted front sights can be 'compensated for' at some ranges, a slug at 100 yds. might present a prob till the new bbl arrives! Just gonna wait, and order an M9 and look at it and look forward to the new barrel!
Steve :D

Dang dude... sux to have to deal with the same old crap from OFM. At least Ms.E is there!!! Otherwise it would totally blow!

Her MO name is her first name I believe. I dont know that she is on here much though. She posted to a thread about the problems with the safties being kinda "sticky" in the maintenance and trouble shooting section.

Rossignol said:
Dang dude... sux to have to deal with the same old crap from OFM. At least Ms.E is there!!! Otherwise it would totally blow!

Her MO name is her first name I believe. I dont know that she is on here much though. She posted to a thread about the problems with the safties being kinda "sticky" in the maintenance and trouble shooting section.

Aaah, well lord knows I 'took a load off' when I heard HER answer, had a feeling it would ALL BE O.K.!!! Another thanks to you kind sir!! Now I just need an M9 to stick on the bayo lug!!!
Stephen

lol!@ Well on the M9, short of the more custom stuff, I recommend Ontario Knife, made in the US of A!

Rossignol said:
lol!@ Well on the M9, short of the more custom stuff, I recommend Ontario Knife, made in the US of A!
What a coincidence.... My new barrel should be tomorrow and my new ONTARIO M9 (black) should arrive Wed!!! (couldnt find any cheaper Lan-Cay's so I went with a new Ontario M9! LOVE IT'S LOOKS!!) Can't wait, strap on new, properly sighted barrel on tomorrow and wed I'll be FIXING BAYONET'S!!!LOL
Steve

Update to the poster above who was supposed to get his brl on 5/2?
Thanks

sumoj275 said:
Update to the poster above who was supposed to get his brl on 5/2?
Thanks

Yes, I do apologize for not getting back sooner. I received a PERFECTLY PLUM front sight on the new 20" 590A1 bbl on the EXACT DATE specified to me by Ms. E @ OFM C.S. (actually the C.S. dept is here in Tx out East under 'Maverick Arms' or some such. But yes, arrived PROMPTLY, THEN I used the pre-paid label sent w/my NEW BARREL(wanna emphasize that I wasnt out a barrel for ANY period of time, which was what concerned me, THEY got me my new barrel FIRST) to send back the bbl that came on it, and my Ontario M9 arrived the NEXT DAY!! HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!! Maybe, they, like 'Skynet', are learning from their mistakes...... They're becoming smarter!!!!! YEA!!!! :D
Stephen

Mrs Edna is the best! She always takes care of Mossberg owners and happens to be a member on the site here under the name Edna. So if you get a chance you should send her a thank you message. It's great to hear you got your can't 590A1 fixed without any down time.

Thanks for the update. I got my 590a1 with GRS and can't tell if the front sight is canted or not, looks like it to me but the guy doing the paperwork where I ordered it said it was fine. I will get out on Sunday hopefully to see if it is, and if the sights can correct it. BTW, the bayonets on the end ar just bad mojo! I have a Lancay M9 that makes the shotty look--BAD!

Thanks again for the update.

sumoj275 said:
Thanks for the update. I got my 590a1 with GRS and can't tell if the front sight is canted or not, looks like it to me but the guy doing the paperwork where I ordered it said it was fine. I will get out on Sunday hopefully to see if it is, and if the sights can correct it. BTW, the bayonets on the end ar just bad mojo! I have a Lancay M9 that makes the shotty look--BAD!

Thanks again for the update.

I know, you really have to like take mental pictures of it in 360 degree view, why I signed for the original, couldnt tell at first. If the bottom 'trough', or little 'tunnel' that goes under the front sight is visible, as on my first barrel, you could see it was only straight from the back left of the rear sight housing, so if that's straight, it's good. If not, might have to call Ms. Edna, and yes, the Ontario, Lan-Cays' and Buck M9's make the 20" A1 a whole 'machine of awesomeness....... ENJOY! Hope your front sight is straight!!!
Stephen

Well, I think mine is canted and something is awry as I could not sight it on targer at a 50 yds or 100 yds without serious holdover. So Mrs. E is who I need to speak to?

pm sent

sumoj275 said:
Well, I think mine is canted and something is awry as I could not sight it on targer at a 50 yds or 100 yds without serious holdover. So Mrs. E is who I need to speak to?

I'm betting someone has already P.M.'d you the info, but..... ONE MORE P.M. SENT!!
Steve

MAN! What info about Mossberg's DOESNT 'Mrs. E' know about.......... SHE KNOWS IT ALL!! I think it's time to go get my GRS' sighted in for my slug load so I can stop by and have XS sights install (AFTER zeroing in case I need more or less elevation, whch is why you cant just call and order w/a part #, need to know how tall of a sight you need as they differ) me up a 'Big Dot'.... Maybe a 'Standard Dot'.. Depends on the looks, they said I can check out their variety, I'm gonna end up walking out w/one for my XD/XDM too.... Oh poor me!
Stephen

I came across some posts regarding the canted front sight issue on the 590a1. So it was the first thing I checked when I picked up my brand new 590a1 about 2 hours ago, and it is canted as well! It's off to the left about 10:30 to 11:00 o'clock position when view from the rear. It's even more obvious from the front. I contacted Mossberg CS and explained the problem but the person on the phone said the protocol is to shoot the gun and see if the rear sight is maxed out. First I thought the CS didn't understand the problem so I tried to explain it as clearly as possible that the front sight is off center but was given the same protocol procedure (she sounded like a robot). I might have to look up "Ms. E" for some real help...

I just took a couple of pics with the front sight problem. How does it compare to yours?

Front%20sight%20off%20center%201.JPG

Front%20sight%20off%20center%202.JPG

Damn!

I've seen this happen, but it's definitely not on every 'a1' they turn out. Mine shipped with the GRS aligned straight on. They need to find out which tech on their production line has the lazy eye and get him off the floor.

Sorrt to hear about your issue brother. I'm sure Mossberg will get you fixed up if you give them a call. Make sure you ask them to send you a call-tag so they can pay for shipping both ways...

Back