• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 has got the canted front sight problem..ALSO! HELP!

Re: 590A1 has got the canted front sight problem..ALSO! HELP

Dang man, thats crazy off center!

Quick update on the my front sight issue... I decided to email Mossberg CS and included the pics above as a follow up hoping the pics can provide a little better idea of the issue. A few days went by without any response (not surprised). I then decided to call again hoping to speak with someone else that can help. A different CS (David) answered the call and this time I offer to forward the email I sent previously to him directly. His email address is Maverick Arms. It's probably the service center... When he opened the email attachment and saw the pics, he immediately offered to replace the barrel. I asked for a replacement barrel shipped to me first along with a return label for the defective one, which his supervisor promptly authorized and processed on the same day. I received the barrel a few days later.

The front sight on replacement barrel seemed straight out of the box and I was happy. I did notice the parkerized finish shows wear marks and gives the impression of a used barrel... I later convinced myself that the wear marks could be from being in a shipping box moving around a little...

The next step was to take it apart and give it a nice cleaning before shooting it for the first time. I then took it out to the range and sighted it in at 50 yard and was happy with the sight alignment (rear sight a little high as expected) and results (~3.5" grouping with rifled slugs).

When I got home I decided to clean it again before putting it away. I noticed some pit marks on the side of the barrel and I initially though it was dirt. However, upon close inspection, it was the parkerized finish chipping off! How can this happen? The shotgun never even touched the shooting bench surface as it was on the shooting rest the entire time. The workbench surface is covered with smooth rubber mats which I have cleaned all of my guns on and never a problem.

I applied some gun-blue on the pitted areas and it somewhat covered up marks. Since this is a HD weapon, I mainly concern about functionality and reliability but I will always question Mossberg's quality control going forward...

You will have the barrel in about 2 months. They tried to claim id have mine within 7-10 days and when day 10 rolled around and nothing I called and got the run around from three different reps. I asked for a supervisor and got Javier and he processed my order and I got my barrel two days later. Personally I think their cs sucks even though,they did resolve my issue.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless using Tapatalk

JTso said:
I received the barrel a few days later....
Sweet. :cool:

JTso said:
I later convinced myself that the wear marks could be from being in a shipping box moving around a little......
No way man, good park is very durable

JTso said:
(~3.5" grouping with rifled slugs)....
Cant ask for much better, or much more fun shooting !

JTso said:
I applied some gun-blue on the pitted areas and it somewhat covered up marks. Since this is a HD weapon, I mainly concern about functionality and reliability but I will always question Mossberg's quality control going forward...

I like your attitude but your right it is a QC issue that shouldn’t be looking like that. I had a huge gouge on the top of the receiver, on the inside where the bolt rides. It didn’t affect the function and you can’t even see it but I still think it is crazy it left the factory like that.
Bottom line is that it is functional but those marks should be put there by you. If you don’t mind waiting a few more days it would be good to return it, I only say this because it will help quality control for future purchasers.it might be you.
What’s inexcusable is that you had a defective barrel. They had to go out of their way to get you another one in the mail. If they checked to make sure the sight was straight on the replacement barrel, you would think they would, they had to have seen the faulty finish....but they let it go. I have seen this before, it’s how places get rid of crap people might rather live with rather than to deal with getting a replacement...worked on me :lol:

Glad you got the barrel, but I agree with Oli. I've done it too though, settle for somethin cuz I'm just glad to have it. Not from OFM however.

Call tech support and talk to DAVID! He's good people he'll help ya out.

Back