• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 Special Purpose Combo

I think its sweet as is!

Again, "if/when" I would keep the 18.5" barrel, send to AIMPRO for magna porting and threading, end up a little closer to 19" to 20" with extended choke tube, add Nordic Comp mag extension with the long cap to get close to the end of the barrel and maybe 8 round capacity. Put the HiViz on the front, and or maybe an MRDS/Burris FastFire on the receiver. Probably have it duracoated too.

Rossignol said:
I think its sweet as is!

Again, "if/when" I would keep the 18.5" barrel, send to AIMPRO for magna porting and threading, end up a little closer to 19" to 20" with extended choke tube, add Nordic Comp mag extension with the long cap to get close to the end of the barrel and maybe 8 round capacity. Put the HiViz on the front, and or maybe an MRDS/Burris FastFire on the receiver. Probably have it duracoated too.

Thanks. Actually, I will be keeping it pretty much the way it is - for when I'm using it at home. I may have AIMPRO do one of there specials on the short barrel, and will most likely add the Nordic ext.

I ordered a HiViz for it this afternoon. I may end up going the same route that Oli did, and putting a Primary Arms version of the Burris FF in a Burris mount. Ends up saving about $70 over the Burris.

Not so sure about duracoating yet, although it's not a bad idea. Either that or sending it to Robar and having them give it a complete NP3 Plus and Roguard treatment. http://www.robarguns.com/roguard.htm

Rossignol said:
That Robar looks pretty cool!

They do a fantastic job - except one thing....they AREN'T CHEAP! :eek:

But for a piece you want to keep for a long time, and keep looking nice - they are the way to go.

Duracoat or Cerakoat, etc. aren't bad either, but you have to be more careful with those finishes, or do some paint touch-ups as you go.

Back