• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ammo/Mag Pouches

Re: Hybrid Leather/Kydex IWB Magazine Pouch Project

EAINC said:
so how much

IF I was to offer these for sale, I'd probably be looking at about $40.00 for the single mag pouch with two clips. (To be clear, the clips WILL NOT be CrossBreed clips. They will be similar in function, however.) For reference, the CrossBreed single clip, single mag version starts at $45.50. I could probably drop down to a single belt clip for a single mag holster and lower my cost by about $5.00. A double mag pouch with two clips would probably run about $50.00.

I'm using un-dyed cowhide. CrossBreed's cowhide is dyed black.

Time is my biggest constraint, however, so I'm not really looking to get into the manufacturing of these. I might be open to making a couple of them for folks on here but I don't have the time to start making them on a large scale.

If I already have the magazine that you want in my collection that will help. If not, you'd have to send me a magazine so I could make the Kydex fit the magazine.

Looks like I may have gotten myself into another little side business. :lol: I better not show you what I did yesterday for my Maxpedition Larkspur or I'll end up with another "product". Here's a hint, though ... their 6" Hook & Loop Pouches have been on back-order for about a year. :roll:

Re: Hybrid Leather/Kydex IWB Magazine Pouch Project

for those times you just need that one extra mag

Condor Outdoor Tactical Gear

Picked up a Condor Outdoor 25 shell reload pouch this afternoon...

Shotgun Reload Pouch

Specs:

- Fits 25 shells
- Hook & Loop plus snap closure
- Size : 8" H x 4" W x 1 1/2" D
- Available Colors : O.D., Black, Tan, ACU

... and A-TACS...

The pouch is MOLLE compatable and can be easily attached to a tactical vest or drop-leg platform. It's very well made and fells like it'll be able to take some abuse. I've seen these on-line from $25-$30, but I picked this one up locally for $15.99. I'll post up some actual pics when I get a chance.

Condor Outdoor: Shotgun Reload Pouch

I've been pondering something like that... Let us know how it works!

What's it like size wise? Open and closed.

Re: Condor Outdoor: Shotgun Reload Pouch

The photo makes it look a bit larger than it actually is. When closed, it's 8" high, 4" wide, and 1.5" deep. Opened up and fully extended like in the third photo it's probably close to 18" end to end. I'm planning to set it up on a drop-leg platform and it'll probably only see any use when I'm shooting out on my buddy's farm. Better than carrying a couple boxes of ammo around...

Condor Outdoor: Shotgun Reload Pouch

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
it'll probably only see any use when I'm shooting out on my buddy's farm. Better than carrying a couple boxes of ammo around...
my thoughts exactly.

Picked up a Condor drop-leg platform for use with the reload pouch. Also picked up one of their Sidekick MOLLE pouches and a hydration pack with a 2.5 liter bladder. The hydration pack is MOLLE compatable but also has a set of straps so it can be worn by itself.

Ordered a Condor Cross-draw Tac vest with the works. It'll hold a pistol and five mags, three AR mags, and has an additional pouch for whatever else I need to carry. Once it arrives, I'll attach the hydration pack to the back. The vest comes with an attached belt for use with my drop-leg rigs. It's gonna be a nice set-up. I'll be sure to post up pics once everything arrives and I get it all put together....

LES!!!

I absolutely love this kind of stuff, I'm a sucker for bags and packs!

I picked one of these up at the flea market recently! It will also hold 2 M4/AR magazines if you arent carrying the shells... I havent even put shells in mine yet! :lol:

Really lookin forward to seein the vest and rig all set up!

Here are the pics of the new reload pouch all loaded up...

...and here it is mounted to the drop-leg platform...

Thank you Sir,

There's plenty of room on the platform for two of these and I'm seriously considering adding a second one...

Dang, gotta love bein able to have 50 rounds within easy reach like that!

The one I have may be a BlackHawk... I think I can see a couple differences and the top of mine doesnt fold down like that darnit. Essentially the same thing and I really like it either way!

Yes Sir,

Add that to the 25 round bandolier carry strap on my scabbard and I'm ready to roll with 75 extra rounds. Not too shabby...

sweet, i want a couple for my dogs rig

oli700 said:
sweet, i want a couple for my dogs rig
I don't know about putting ammo on a dog. I could see putting a med kit or other supplies, but God forbid you get in a situation where your dog runs off/gets taken or killed while equipped with 50/100 rounds on it and someone uses that to harm someone else or you. I don't think I'd be comfortable with that, just my $.02 though. I could see the benefit of it if you were just going out for a fun day of shooting, but that would just worry me.

Back