• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hope and change AR-15 lower

Back in '08, a company in Washington by the name of SNS Industries made a NOBAMA lower.

Rossignol said:
I agree, thats sweet! Did that come from BTE?
BTE is going places. The owner is dedicated, the products are in touch with the growing industry, the QC is super as is the CS and everything is and will be US made.

Had to cancel my range trip this afternoon due to heavy storms, so I decided to stay in and take some new pics. Here's a new group photo...

MMMmmmm...

Spicy

(reference to one of the old socom ps2 games)

surprisingly, I can still remember where 3 of the sausages are.

1 on a little raft in the cat tails (I always referenced that one as Moses LOL)
1 on the left inside the door at the light house
1 inside the snowman that you have to frag to get

And in socom 1, I always like tossing a frag in the outhouses in the 2nd level.

jester: "I guess I'll have to hold it, right sir?"

and during another level:

"please tell me that's a candy bar"

:lol: priceless

Ooooh, NICE!

Reminds me, I just finally "color treated" my rifle! Need pics, but just did the Oly lion, safe, and fire.

LES - nice carbine stash. I've yet to shoot an FN Hernstal and have an idea that I would REALLY like that unit!!! Have fun at the range.

Thank you Sir.

The Ps90 is an amazing platform and the 5.7x28mm is a surprisingly powerful little round. That one has never failed to put a smile on my face...

Pics of the color treatment on my Oly AR as promised,

Untitled-5.jpg

And another just cuz I like my rifle!

100_7014Small.jpg

Later!

Good looking AR, Rossingol! :cool:
I plan to do this to my M400 when I get home in October. I am going to do mine in OD Green to match the furniture.
BTW, is there a ring that I can add to my scope that has a small rail to mount my micro red dot? I found one on Ebay, but it is pretty cheap looking.
Any help here will be appreciated. :)

You looking for top mount or 45° ?

There are replacement ring caps with rails out there, most are straight up 90° and some are 45° for compatability with scopes that have taller windage adjustment knobs. The replacement caps can be tricky 'cause they must be compatable with your lower ring. Most of your complete ring set options will come in both 1" or 30mm depending on your scope's tube diameter. Burris has their XTR railed rings and this...

Burris AR-P.E.P.R mount

^ I like!

A few other manufacturers sell complete railed ring sets as well. AIM Sports makes a railed ring that mounts directly to your scope tube that can adjust to any angle you want...

Daniel Defense, GG&G, YHM and several others make receiver mounted 45° bases if you have any extra room around your scope base on your receiver...

Either way, there are a lot of options out there...

Thank you fellas!

LES, its just crayons man! Specifically the "private stash" of Crayola, the good stuff! :D I was really tryin to be careful not to heat the receiver too much, I was afraid of it warpin from the heat of the butane pencil torch. I dont think you could sweat pipes with it, but you can solder with it.

Anyhow, I didnt wanna heat the receiver too too much and what happened is I was just melting the crayon on to a relatively cold base metal and the crayon just peeled right out as I scraped the excess away. So on the second try, I heated the metal and touched the crayon to that rather than the torch. The Crayola color ran into the depressions, and the excess scraped away pretty clean. The little residue that remained came off pretty easy with the toothbrush lookin brush thingy from my cleanin kit.

OH! I switched out the 5 slot rail the Coast light is mounted to for a 9 slot. It doesnt give me a whole lot more rail but because of the way it fits up with the MOE handguard it moves the light forward slightly which actually really helped more than I had thought it would. It gives my hand a little more room on the handguard and is a more natural position to activate the momentary tailcap switch on the light. Its still in the one o'clock position (lookin straight on at the muzzle) like here in the pic.

I like that Burris style mount too, I hope to get one someday, well and a new scope too!

Did the same thing the first time I tried to color treat with crayons. I've started using the garden variety long-stem grill lighters and heating the receiver from the inside. The extra length makes it really easy to get up in the mag well. They get hot enough to heat up the lower, but not so hot that it would cause any damage.

Nice job on yours, it looks great...

Thanks LES!

I didnt think a regular flame would be hot enough to work... Good idea though!

Yup,

Heats it up a lot slower, but you get a nice even temp and don't have to worry about over doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back