• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 Builders?

Thanks. Might put that one on the rifle I build my ol man. He wouldn't know how to, or have any reason to attach accessories anyway

Hey @dieselmudder ,

If you decide not to free-float the barrel I've got a couple brand new take-off carbine length A2 handguard sets sit'n in a parts drawer. I'd be happy to donate one to your dads' rifle build...

Appreciate it, but its going to be a hunting rifle build. Low pro gas block and definitely a free float. What I meant with the accessories comment is he won't need a bunch of pic rail. Or keymod, or M-lok. Maybe just one piece for sling mounting. Maybe bipod

I've built off PSA stuff a few times and their "PSA" and "Freedom" branded uppers are usually good to go. There have been multiple reported QC issues with their "PTAC" branded stuff though, some even posted here on our forum. They are a good resource for inexpensive quality parts, but they're hit or miss on shipping and customer service though...
Thanks LES for the the info. Been wondering about those inexpensive uppers. I've mainly bought ammo from PSA and been debating on a upper from them but didn't know much about them. I did see the bad press on their PTAC stuff but none on their other material. :D

AAAHHH....CHOO!!! Excuse me... didn't mean to drag every ones attention away from this very happening thread topic ;)

Figured I'd toss a photo of my final product up, pending a possible switch up of the barrel lol looking at getting a 14.5" barrel and pinning a Noveske KX3 or Rousch Wild Boar brake

If you decide to let one go... I call first dibs if the price is right ;)
Sweet look bro.:cool:

Thanks LES for the the info. Been wondering about those inexpensive uppers. I've mainly bought ammo from PSA and been debating on a upper from them but didn't know much about them. I did see the bad press on their PTAC stuff but none on their other material. :D

Yes Sir, it's been my experience that their PSA barrels and uppers are good to go...

Back