• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 Builders?

Itsricmo

.30-06
I know a few guys were building their own rifles when I left.. wanted to see how many others are doing the same! I welcome commercially bought and aftermarket upgraded rifles into the conversation :)

My Build: (In Progress)

Adams Arms MFG Lower/Upper
P-TAC LPK w/ MOE Black Set
PSA FN 16" M4 Barrel 1/8 twist
Trinity Force 15" Free Float Quad Rail
EBay Budget BUIS with Bushnell TRS25
Or
Tasco Varminter 2.5-10x40

Still looking for a bipod and foregrip..
Had a little snafu with a custom ordered barrel and had to be refunded... Also some eBay guy sent me the wrong gas tube so I'm waiting on that as well.

Pictures to come!
Rick

...moved to the Workbench sub-forum.

Take a look through this sub-forum. There are several threads going from our group of do-it-yourself-ers...

Since you asked though, here are mine...

This Bushmaster was the only factory AR I've ever bought, but the upper/lower receivers and handguard are the only factory parts left on it...

These I've put together over the past several years...

My carbine...

...midlength...

... 10.5" pistol...

... 7.5" pistol...

... .22lr...

...and the wife's .22lr...

This one was for my Pop, gave it to him a few years back...

...and this one I put together for a neighbor around Christmas this year...

Slapped together another half dozen over the past year or so for co-workers that I didn't get pictures of. If you're interested in individual specs on the ones posted above I've got it all documented here...

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-ar-project.832/

Holy Sweet Jesus of beautiful firepower! Excellent job on all of those, LES!

I was going for a Midlength like yours, with the scope though. But some logistics problems arouse, my barrel went to the wrong house, very late and I was upset so I had to restructure my build a little lol

How do you like the PRS stock on the Bushmaster?

The PRS is a great stock. Does what it's supposed to do very well.

Bought it for the range of adjustment and rail for the Accu-Shot monopod, but if I had it to do all over again I'd have saved the money and stuck with the basic A2 stock that came on it propped up on a sand bag...

Hmm because I have the basic MOE right now and looking to upgrade to some nicer. Along the lines of a rifle stock.. the PRS is high on my list but so is their version of an A2 stock for $200 less haha

Yeah, that's a sweet freaking stock too! I feel a little more cosmetic appeal than functional but serves it's purpose and does it with class lol

I really like MFT Minimalist which is the complete opposite of what I have been looking at for a stock.

The thing with the UBR is that it comes with its own buffer tube assembly, two QD sling attachment points, removable storage doors, and a customizable preset stop to whichever of the 7 positions you choose. The design is solid as a rock with literally zero movement or rattle. Worth every penny...

if your going high zoot stocks look into the Ace line. My Skeleton has been really bulletproof and ultra light and an excellent price for a lifetime stock .
I have shot quite a bit of .308 behind their SOCOM and it is really sweet. Super tough built like a tank.....
If I ever ask Obama for permission to put a stock on my pistol its getting an Ace Hammer, I would chuck that plastic cheek rest they put on it as far as I could and run it. That stock is straight medieval

I never bought a fully assembled AR, closed I've come is a complete upper on my first one.

IMG_1024.jpg

AR_001_zps5682ba42.jpg

ARBuild009_zpsynow2czr.jpg

Huckleberry_zpsbb1uck0e.jpg

I really need to take some better and updated pics.

I purchased my first AR15 back in the ban. It was an Olympic Arms Plinker model. I have since built all of my others. And helped many friends build a bunch as well.

2af0126f-c7e6-45f0-a485-441231bc3175_zps681cde17.jpg

My latest project has a lot of pink on it.

The thing with the UBR is that it comes with its own buffer tube assembly and a customizable preset stop to whichever of the 7 positions you choose. The design is solid as a rock with literally zero movement or rattle. Worth every penny...

The original Magpul M93 was the same way. It is still one of my all time favorites and has been on the SBR for as long as I can remember. I am not sure why they discontinued it, though Ergo/Falcon makes a similar copy of it, but not exact.

sbrar004_zpscdc2d2a3.jpg

@mike's how do you like that JP brake? I looked one for a while but ended up grabbing an eBay special lol

@JohnA I love the Ergo copy of the M93, simply for looks. It's Terminator grade looking stuff but I've never had the chance to see one in person. Also, that SBR is SWEET!!

Back