• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 Builders?

if your going high zoot stocks look into the Ace line. My Skeleton has been really bulletproof and ultra light and an excellent price for a lifetime stock .
I have shot quite a bit of .308 behind their SOCOM and it is really sweet. Super tough built like a tank.....
If I ever ask Obama for permission to put a stock on my pistol its getting an Ace Hammer, I would chuck that plastic cheek rest they put on it as far as I could and run it. That stock is straight medieval
I tried one of their stocks on a Mesa Tactical adapter once, didn't really float my boat in the application but no doubt they make some great products. I'd like a LAW folding adapter with a Skeleton stock.. now that's good stuff!

@JohnA I love the Ergo copy of the M93, simply for looks. It's Terminator grade looking stuff but I've never had the chance to see one in person. Also, that SBR is SWEET!!

It is a great stock.

That particular buttstock on my sbr was THE very first civilian order that magpul ever had after the AWB ended at midnight Sept 13, 2004. It was ordered the morning of Sept. 14th when it was legal to own/purchase without a Gov't letterhead.

And it was also one of the actual buttstocks that was submitted to sopmod for testing for the armed services as well. It was marked as a "Detachment One" buttstock.

It was originally a really light tan stock until I duracoated it and it also has spray painted numbers on the tube.

Here is a copy of the invoice. I'm very proud of that stock, and what it represents.

e4769389.jpg

Wow, you snagged up some great history! Not only is it a sweet stock but it has a story to go with it.. mine came in a cardboard box from PSA lol

I'll be honest, I even still have a copy of the owners manual that came with it.

True story.

@Itsricmo the break works great. Esp if you want to blow everything off of the table while shooting LOL.

I've already swapped it out. It is very effective but it is heavy and blows everything back at you. It was fun to play with though

But you had to go ruin it with Cerakote.. :) I wonder how many others are floating around out there like yours.. probably not many

I'm doing my AR in Krylon cause I'm a Backwoods Redneck lol

@Itsricmo the break works great. Esp if you want to blow everything off of the table while shooting LOL.

I've already swapped it out. It is very effective but it is heavy and blows everything back at you. It was fun to play with though
Mine is a Jerry Mucilek knock off. I'm hoping it works well but not too well as you described lol I've been considering other options because mine is going to be enrolled in HD more so than field hunting and that brake will probably put holes in my walls haha

Mine is a Jerry Mucilek knock off.
I haven't shot one but have heard the genuine JM is almost imposable to beat as far as brake, not shure how it does with muzzle flip.
I tried one of their stocks on a Mesa Tactical adapter once, didn't really float my boat
L-O-L should have figured .....Ace makes too much stock for the Rickanator

Comes with man card

Maybe a dozen. If that?
That's it? Damn, definitely a good keeper than! Haha I guess the Sopmod tag helps keep it in its own class

@oli700 now why you gotta be like that? Lol it just doesn't work on a 12 gauge like it does a rifle :) I'd have to say it's too light for the shotty and not enough cheek cushioning for the recoil either

I'll put a picture in here if you want....I don't think it was really a valid thread anyway in fact if it wasn't for LES and John A it would just downright suck.....I have missed you

maybe they didn't build theirs. lot more people just buy a built one I bet
it seems everyone and their brother own ARs anymore.. guess just not around these parts of the web

Back