• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 Builders?

ive built an upper, so im a half builder..... i'll do a lower for it eventually. but from here out any more AR platforms i do will be all hand built. i just went ahead and bought my first one, all basic sport model. but its been a great way to educate myself, and a good chassis to test and tune with.

I like the gun. Is that a big chunk of Obsidian underneath of it? That stuff is wicked sharp.

Looks awesome, Oli! Are you going to put some sort of optic on it?

yeah its getting micro red dot.....although the few rounds that I have put through it I have thoroughly enjoy irons

I think I am doing the Scalarworks mount and the gen2 50,000 hour micro from PA....

cant wait for the BCG that's going to end up in it so I can get to ammo testing.

If you're talking about the reduced friction nitride bcg, please keep me informed and updated. I'm seriously leaning toward one for the pink rifle project pending on your thoughts and opinions and performance.

If you're talking about the reduced friction nitride bcg, please keep me informed and updated. I'm seriously leaning toward one for the pink rifle project pending on your thoughts and opinions and performance.
I'll take some good pics for you and let you know if it sucks.....I did try to hit you in my thread that they went on sale sale $104,,,,114 to the door. I cant see a real down side to that.....they get rave reviews on their other BCG's. I am sold on Nitride....Tinnifer....Melonite.....QPQ.....not sure what the industry is settling on as far as one name
The description they give on the site is excellent , I love Aries because they are totally transparent and describe everything in detail, nothing to hide.
I really had to be convinced that the 9310 bolt was done right.
Done right it is supposed to surpass C158, done wrong and its worse.
Its all in the hardening and 9310 has a narrow window to get the magic hardening level it needs. Too much and its too brittle, too little and it wears out quicker.......just right its one of the best modern materials for a bolt.
Aries description of the process and their attention to detail has me convinced they have it right.....and you know I am one picky bastard

So much information haha I just went with a full auto milspec BCG [emoji14]

Awesome little pistol you go there too, Oli! Don't you have a rifle floating around too??

So much information haha I just went with a full auto milspec BCG [emoji14]

Awesome little pistol you go there too, Oli! Don't you have a rifle floating around too??
sometimes you get crap milspec too, I did......claimed milspec but no details. It might have been but it wasn't hardened right

[URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/oli700/media/2a2/IMG_0319_zps766ab51f.jpg.html]

[URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/oli700/media/2a2/IMG_0322_zps1d09362f.jpg.html]
[/URL][/URL]

I too am liking nitride better in the last few years and I think it has a lot going for it.

And the Ares low friction design has me intrigued.

I have a Bible book, chapter and verse custom engraved on one of my ejection port covers that covers just about everything that we'll encounter in life and is one of my favorite passages in the entire Bible. I have found it to be more true and evident every year that I'm still above ground.

coty and holli 006.JPG

And if you don't have a Bible handy to look it up, here's what it means.

3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

which rifle is that LES.....I have that same brass mark on my pistol. First one I built that has that full length mark.....I've put together a couple more than just mine

Haven't figured out how to incorporate the coin in a rifle.....but its been used to make a lot of coin toss decisions lol

You do a damn good job on throwing ARs together, @oli700 !

What bipod do you have on there? I was looking at the Vltor Modpod but it's $250 and my wife wasn't too cool with that haha

I saw, strangely, good reviews for the $25 UTG picatinny bipod but a little skeptical of it myself.

ive built an upper, so im a half builder..... i'll do a lower for it eventually. but from here out any more AR platforms i do will be all hand built. i just went ahead and bought my first one, all basic sport model. but its been a great way to educate myself, and a good chassis to test and tune with.
Nothing wrong with that.. technically I traded for my first AR but I sold everything of it part by part until I got everything I wanted and now I'm building mine..

Started life as an ATI Omni. It shot VERY well, I had absolutely 0 issues.. just wasn't what I wanted out of my rifle. It had the hybrid lower and I was personally impressed with the quality and performance of the rifle. Guy before me had an "estimated 800rnds" through it before me.

e212c789e29ce87a7f97c1ae692b7108.jpg

Back