• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR Handguard help/question

I'm finishing up a pistol build and need a 9" hybrid free floatong handguard. No special reason other than I like the way they look.

I have a 7"round one for now but have my sight set on a hybrid, but the one I have been wanting never seems to be in stock.
Was eying a radical firearms 9" hybrid handguard but no luck over the past few months.

Any ideas or recommendations for a 9" hybrid....I know there are many brands out there. But my searches keep coming up with complete uppers. That would be cool but not what I need. Just the handguard itself is what I'm after.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated guys.....

Usually a Hybrid forend has a smooth grip surface with a top picatinay rail and a m-loc or key mod combo.
Some also have a small 2 inch picatinay up by the muzzle at the 3-6-9 position. But they vary form manufacturer.
I'll thrown up a sample of one in a few of a 15" one I found.

Found it....

Last edited:
Ok, I know just what you're talking about and I know of two other manufacturers of similar handguards. I don't believe either make 7" but I'll try and find them.

Thanks Rossignol. That's close to what I want. Except I will probably get the 10" since I was looking for a 9". Just need to measure my total length with the Noveske on it to make sure it will work... thanks brother for the info. Never heard of them but looks just like what I was after.

Just read up a bit on their about us and contact us links and they list the owners personal phone numbers.... wow. If that doesn't stand behind your product then I don't know what does. I will definitely get the forend. They seem to be just like Radical Firearms which is the upper I got. They are a small business here locally in texas...Houston actually and 3 hrs from me; but they have blown up with business in the last year that it's hard to get what u need from them. They mainly manufacturer for their vendors now but still sell out of the stuff at the stores quickly once available. It's a good price and a good product. Seems to be similar from what I saw for mid state..... awesome stuff

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the other handguards.

Hera is the pic I sent. But they only seem to have 12 and 15 inch hybrids but I love the look of them. Maybe for another build......
I'll check the others out.
The 10" might be close or about 1/4" shorter than the total length of the barrel and flaming pig together. So that's why I was after the 9" handguard. But it just might work in a 10" for me.

Now a days there are so many different AR parts manufacturer that's it's insane to remember them all.

Unfortunately not all searches yield the smaller companies that make a good quality product and you either have to know about them or someone tells you about them. That's how I found radical firearms.

I'm liking what I see and read from mid state.

Last edited:
The yankee hill machine is about the only other one I can find. There were two others I really liked and I can't find either now.

I'll be interested to know which way you go and how it works out.

Thanks bro
I'm really favoring midstate. I have been in contact with the owner already and awesome pre-customer service contact.
He even had a free shipping coupon for military as well.
I do like them a lot. I will be ordering their 10" hybrid tonight after I get home and also will probably get their scoop hybrid upper as well for another build I have in the works that I want a full 15 to 16 Inch forend and theirs looks cool as hell and will also merry up to my phase5 fat boy muzzle break which sits recessed when installed so it will have that "wicked" one piece look when complete.
I really appreciate your help and you turning me on to midstate firearms. Looks like a stand up product and company with a great price point I might add.

Oooooh, I like that a lot!
Lol...thanks
It's a project I have been wanting to do for a while. Been buying parts here and there when they went on sale. Finally got it done but just want a different forend.....
I will put a pic up with the Noveske flash can as I changed it after I posted this.

Problem i have now is that the total barrel and can measure 9 7/8 and the handguard is at 10..... just a 1/8 too long for it. So needless to say I didn't order it yet but I still like it.

Last edited:
Back