• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

BLM protest, shots fired, officers down

some of you are painting with too wide of a brush.

This guy was plenty educated and knew plenty of ethics and knew about doing the right thing .......they run you on ethics in the military.

quit making excuses for these heathens, they know what they are doing........upbringing is a scapegoat and no reason or excuse.

They think blacks were getting killed before .......better start digging some holes because if I were a cop I would be super jumpy right now

cops are concerned here but not bad, makes since because there are only 5 blacks per 1000 whites here

Spoke with a friend of mine that is a gang and drug Sheriff last night. All Sheriff's on duty are ordered to only travel in pairs until further notice. Yes, they are all on edge.
These events will divide those communities and law enforcement even further.

The perps in this case do not appear to be the average BLM members.

I was commenting more on the reactionary supporters of the criminals: People, who at this point, are simply rooting for cop killers.

I'm certainly not trying to apologize for them. I'm simply saying "look out." We have a large group of angry and uncouth people here who see no reason for self-control in the face of their self-image of persecution.

Last edited:
Anyhow, to get rid of the situation in America it has to be crushed economically.

Instead, our Administration has been feeding it money. When you bring the Syrians to our country they get jobs and send money home to their cousins, who nobody can "vet", but stand a 50-50 chance of being radicals.

Also, I see amateur robot/drone bombings in our future. Thanks to folks like Google, we have the technology to build cars that drive themselves around and shoot people.

I'm from Dallas and personally know the two brothers that organized the BLM protest. I can tell you that they have no ties to the shooter or any terroristic activity.

One brother is an avid shooter and staunch supporter of the 2nd Ammendment. Both assisted police before and during the shooting until they were taken into custody as potential suspects. This is an incredibly unfortunate set of circumstances, but this shooter had nothing to do with the BLM campaign other than chosing their peaceful protest as a launchpad for his rampage.

The social media following of support for the shooter is abhorrent, but again blaming an organization like the BLM for a bunch of fu€#!&g idiots on the internet is connecting dots that aren't there.

This would be the same as blaming a group of 2A supporters for terrorists shooting up an NRA rally.

We have got to start looking past the media bullshit and seeing things for what they are...

Whether your friends are bad folks or not--they sound like decent people, my observation is that many of the BLM members act like pure idiots and hellions and are just there because it's an excuse to show their tail. Especially when they're in large groups and get to inciting themselves and it's like fuel on fire.

We're having a BLM protest in Fresno right now. It's very small compared to Dallas but the risk to PD Officers is just the same.

The PD had to block off the freeway ramps, as stopping traffic on the main boulevard wasn't dangerous enough. The BLM Marchers were marching to demonstrate right in the middle of the freeway.

This stuff doesn't consitute terrorism or anything like it, but this isn't an obvious deal. BLM is already reported involved with Nation of Islam, CAIR, and the Huey Newton black muslim radicals.

I suppose it's possible these reports are all false and BLM leadership has nothing to do with militant terrorists, but only time will tell.

No matter how you view the 2 latest shootings, the emotions and outpouring are all based on what I call a false narrative. People watch a 30 second grainy cell phone video on social media, they immediately form a anti police opinion, this then spreads on social media, as it spreads, the truths are farther and farther from reality, kinda like playing phone line when you were a kid. It is spread to more uneducated people that already have a grudge against LEO's due to having to deal with them on prior engagements that had nothing to Do with retrieving a cat from a tree.
I have done my homework, in the Louisiana case, the LEO's were called about a man threatening someone with a firearm. Police were dealing with this man for 5 minutes prior to the video you watched. He would not comply, repeatedly defied police. He had a weapon on his person, if he complied, he would have been alive to go to jail. Case 2. Police stop the man for matching a suspect in a armed robbery. Long story short, he did not comply. He made a move, Bang. Sorry, it is really simple, comply with law enforcement, and you will live. I am tired of the false narrative spreading hate and fear. Now, if we could get people to comply with the police, they will live, and if we could get these same people to live a life where there is no need to have to deal with the police, we would all live in a better place. Just don't see that happening though. The dumbing down of America with the false narrative distributed by the liberal leftist media giants.

Last edited:
Well they were just waiting for that "long hot summer thing."

Fresno is the desert but still they came on In the Heat of the day.

They started at the intersections of the Miracle Mile & the boulevard of dreams and marched all the way to the cop shop in Clovis.

Haven't watched this yet but I'm going to post the link now.

http://abc30.com/news/black-lives-m...ral-fresno-streets-moves-into-clovis/1420717/

EDIT.....Okay I watched the footage and read the blurbs. It was both a little more and a little less than I expected.

Expecting some violence, there was very little. They marched farther than I thought they would and in the wrong direction. I thought they would March to the Fresno County Courthouse and then downtown Cop Shop. They started far north of there and headed sideways out of town. I was prepared for that but I didn't expect it.

Essentially the Fresno PD funneled all of them down the main drag to Clovis & the Clovis PD was waiting. I heard every available cruiser & fire truck in Clovis California light up about 6 pm when the crowd found a compas.

The Clovis Cop Shop is very tiny by comparison to Fresno PD, & I'm sure every sheriff's deputy was on the alert.

This was coming, but what sparked it off today was the police shooting by Clovis PD, of a local narcotics suspect.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fresno...ticle88258472.html?client=ms-android-verizon#

Last edited:
No matter how you view the 2 latest shootings, the emotions and outpouring are all based on what I call a false narrative. People watch a 30 second grainy cell phone video on social media, they immediately form a anti police opinion, this then spreads on social media, as it spreads, the truths are farther and farther from reality, kinda like playing phone line when you were a kid. It is spread to more uneducated people that already have a grudge against LEO's due to having to deal with them on prior engagements that had nothing to Do with retrieving a cat from a tree.
I have done my homework, in the Louisiana case, the LEO's were called about a man threatening someone with a firearm. Police were dealing with this man for 5 minutes prior to the video you watched. He would not comply, repeatedly defied police. He had a weapon on his person, if he complied, he would have been alive to go to jail. Case 2. Police stop the man for matching a suspect in a armed robbery. Long story short, he did not comply. He mad a move, Bang. Sorry, it is really simple, comply with law enforcement, and you will live. I am tired of the false narrative spreading hate and fear. Now, if we could get people to comely with the police, they will live, and if we could get these same people to live a life where there is no need to have to deal with the police, we would all life in a better place. Just don't see that happening though. The dumbing down of America with the false narrative distributed by the liberal leftist media giants.

^^^^I agree with this.

I also believe the BLM movement is a terrorist organization that targets White law enforcement.
Regardless of facts. If they don't get a verdict they want then no justice is served in their mind.
Rioting and looting then ensues.
If this was white lives matter issue the current administration would have the DOJ and Homeland investigation/arresting people
as racist/terrorists violating civil rights.

Well that's your affirmative action in action.

Affirmative action needs to mean action for victims of whatever tragedy we find, not just the manufactured tragedy of being a minority in a country made from minority peoples from every corner of the world.

The media has everybody convinced that 1 persecuted minority is more persecuted than any other minority.

In some areas this will be true for any minority. At least that's what history tells us.

I think people in America expected that when Obama became president it would be huge boon to the American Black people.

But instead everybody gets the typical DC comedy show. Liars and cheaters and CAIR, Oh My!

I think minority groups felt there was some new entitlement that came with the election, and now that Obama's term is threateningly over they're looking to find that entitlement where it does not exist.

I was raised up a proud White Southern Baptist, but I was trying to imagine right now how I would feel as a black American southern baptist man, whose father had served in the military, watching Obama sell America to heathen oil-sheikhs for money.

Last edited:
CaddmanQ, I would like to think that regardless of race , creed, religion , if raised with morals and respect, and knowing the difference between right and wrong, the outcome would be a better world to live in. The thing that makes my head spin off, is hearing, reading that I as a white male am the one that perpetuates the race problem in this country.

Deog, the government for years has given certain and limited people of different ethnic/racial background preference in a lot of things, which in my opinion does more harm than good. It's been like this for decades and ultimately generations now and that compounds the problem because "they are owed it". Or so it seems many of them think or claim they do. This probably has nothing at all to do with the topic, but it is a problem nonetheless.

From anyone here that has known me a while, knows that I have a lot of Cherokee ancestry and I am proud of that. That's part of who I am.

But never once have I ever asked for preference in education, employment, housing or anything else because of it, despite that I know that I could. But that's not how the USA works any more folks. There are some "entitled groups" who run roughshod over everyone else because of affirmative action.

When any person, or group of persons are made by law to have a preference over another, that automatically discriminates against everyone else. Period.

I never asked anyone for anything, nor do I owe anything to anyone.

That's how life is. No one is promised anything in this world except taxes and death. Beyond that, it's up to you what you make of your life and how you spend it.

On a partial sidenote, I see a lot more prejudice coming from black people than I do from white people.

The prejudice goes both ways alright.

It seems worse in Fresno than some other places I have lived, and I attribute that to a general low level of education in the area.

I "liked" your post deog. But what I really wanted to say is I agree with what you said, not necessarily that I like it.

I agree also John. I was raised in Ohio. During hunting season we could bring guns and ammo to school. We still had fights, but the guns never came out of the lockers or the cars. Many high-schools offered gun safety classes, now not so many.

The Fresno Chief of PD was interviewed today, and he said there were actually 3 protests that night in fresno.

One turned out to be small, religious, and peaceful.

Another, intended to shut down the freeway, was stopped before it started by undercover work.
Those people were in cars, and they all got arrested, towed, and impounded, but some slipped through and returned later to cause havoc.
Those were also arrested or disbursed.

...I was raised in Ohio. During hunting season we could bring guns and ammo to school.
You and I grew up as neighbors, I'll bet. I have a hard time convincing people that I carried a rifle in school every week during competition season. On Friday after lunch, the 4 of us on the team would go to the wood shop and Mr. Prine would give us each a Remington 513T and 200 rounds of ammo. We carried them thru the afternoon classes and walked home with them on shoulder sling.
On Saturday our dads would drive us to one of the participating schools for the match. On Monday morning the rifles went back into the gun safe in the shop. Never had a problem
Damn, those were the good old days.

Urbana [OH] High, Class of '62
upload_2016-7-11_20-48-31.jpeg
images

I dated the girl in the Sparky Hillclimber suit. :)

Back