• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cold Steel

Ordered this one and it showed up last week, the Cold Steel SPARTAN. It's one beefy knife. Has a great feel and weight and I love the recurve blade. It's my first knife from Cold Steel, but I see a few more in my future.

• Weight: 7.5 oz.

• Blade Thickness: 4 mm

• Blade Length: 4 1/2"

• Steel: Japanese AUS 8A Stainless

• Overall: 10 1/2"

• Handle: 6" Long. Grivory w/ Steel Liners

• Stainless Pocket/Belt Clip

Lazy, that is one beautiful folder. I've been planning on grabbing one for a while now. I'm fairly certain that my next Cold Steel will be their Kukri blade.

With that said, here's my Point Guard.
PointGuard.jpg

Heck yeah, $12 ain't bad!

Be sure to post up some pics and let us know what you think of 'em...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Heck yeah, $12 ain't bad!

Be sure to post up some pics and let us know what you think of 'em...

ColdSteel_Canadian1.jpg

These aren't bad to have around as just knockabout knives. I think the upswept handle and the ridgeback notches on the back of the blade would make this a pretty fair skinning knife for deer, and a great small game knife.

ColdSteel_Canadian2.jpg

Holding the knife with my thumb against the notches would allow for a pretty good push thru small bones and joints which because of the slightly bent handle feels like I can't slip and cut myself.

Holding it with my index fingertip on the ridgeback feels like some skinning is gonna happen.

This is apparently a copy of some 1950's knife design from the great northwest and it's easy to see where Cold Steel cut corners but it's still worth buying at $11.99 each. I'm pleased to see that it isn't made in China!

The edge is hollow ground and kinda sharp because of its rough grind.

ColdSteel_Canadian3.jpg

With proper sharpening this thing would make a pretty nice small game knife that if it became lost wouldn't cause me to cry.

Here are mine. Roach Belly, to the left, is my edc. The Western Hunter, in the middle, is a camp/game processing knife. The Outdoorsman Lite, to the right, is also for game processing/fishing/camping. I liked these models so much I bought six of each. Now my son's also carry their own Roach Belly and store their other two knives in their very own BOBs. My youngest is 5 now and is allowed to carry the Roach Belly also. They all understand the proper use of these tools and respect for the tool. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3830.JPG
    IMG_3830.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,191
Thanks! Not pictured are the Warhead, two styles of fixed blade bushman, finn bear, and Long Hunter.
The three pictured are the ones I get most utility out of. They are the ones I reach for when I need a knife. (Along with the recently modified Ontario Knife Co. knife.) :)

I carry a Cold Steel Recon 1 that was made in Japan for EDC here in sunny Saudi. I bought it in Iraq from a local dealer on the base for like $25. It has been a good knife.

Looks like a good blade.

I've been happy with my Spartan, pictured at the top of this thread. They make some very good knives...

Hi L.E.S.,
I saw your fine picture of the Spartan;I also have one.After watching the "video-abuse"from Cold Steel I bought one ;). The best sustitute for a fixed blade but not the best folding knife to carry in pocket.I use a belt case.

http://youtu.be/kymcirr0VKM

Great video!

The Spartan is a bit large for pocket carry, but still a great knife. I carry mine on a belt also...

Back