• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cold Steel

I have two Cold Steel Sjamboks, one at home hanging in the garage and one in the trunk of the patrol car. They are amazingly effective for driving off angry barking dogs. My chief just shakes his head and laughs at me and tells people one of his guys carries a great big whip in his car.

Anybody else have a Cold Steel Sjambok?????

I have seen that there is two lengths for sjambok.
After seeing the promotional video from Cold Steel,if I were a dog it could be better to receive an anti-bear spray than being reached with the sjambok. :D
I own an Assegai spear from this brand;very impressive weapon.I made a system to make it more portable.A female screw in a walking stick from ash and a male screw with the spear to connect both.

[img]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk77/jselous/e60b2521-87db-4544-afa4-92690da6fbc8.jpg[/img]

Not got much cold steel stuff. however do have the Cold Steel Special Forces Shovel. Not that sharp from the factory but keeps a good edge when run through the tool sharpener :D

405976971.jpg

vepede6e.jpg

My XL G10 Espada, believe it or not its usually a daily carry along with a smaller folder so I don't scare sheeple with daily cutting tasks.

My Cold Steel RECON I

Recon 1 Technical Specs:
  • Blade Length: 4"
  • Overall Length: 9 3/8"
  • Blade Thickness: 3.5 mm
  • Steel: Japanese AUS 8A Stainless w/ Black Teflon Finish
  • Weight: 5.3 oz.
  • Handle: 5 3/8" Long G-10
  • Locking: Tri Ad Lock
  • Pocket Clip: Stainless Pocket / Belt Clip

I posted this in the EDC section it's an older tanto point voyager always sharp!

Attachments

• 20140318_130340.jpg
    20140318_130340.jpg
    926.6 KB · Views: 4
Received a new Kobun lightweight tanto this afternoon...

Specifications:

Blade Length: 5 1/2"
Overall Length: 9 7/8"
Steel: Japanese AUS 8A Stainless
Weight:4.4 oz
Blade Thickness: 1/8"
Handle: 4 3/8" Long Kray-Ex™ (fancy name for rubber:rolleyes:)
Sheath: Secure-Ex® Sheath

The sheath holds the blade tight and is very secure...

It's thin enough to be worn IWB or clipped into a boot...

That Tanto is pretty slick LES.

Here's my original RECON-1 Spear Point. I got tired of the ultra-fragile serrated edge, since it took up 2/3 of the blade and the fine teeth had all been broken off.

livemYp2p7.jpg

After a buddy shaved it down to a plain edge
Image_1395433576272.jpg

Last edited:

Finally got it back from the cerakoter. Sadly he got it backwards. I had initially intended the blade to be burnt bronze and the handle in flat dark earth. Its growing on me now. The guy offered to re coat it the way I had asked but I went ahead and kept it like this. Now I just have to get someone to make me that custom kydex sheath for it.

Hmmmm..... I've been thinking coyote colored kydex but now that you are suggesting it it might not be a bad idea actually. I'd want a light tan or brown colored leather obviously but yea I think your on to something there LES. I might have to make some inquiries with a few leather custom holster makers. Anyone seeing this thread knows of a good place to suggest I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thanks for the speedy response. I think I'll most likely be sending it off and letting diyguy work his leather magic :D

Back