• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

COLT

S

SHOOTER13

Just wondering if anyone else here has a Colt firearm in their collection that they would like to share with us...?!

Post a picture and the story behind the firearm...

Re: SHOOTER13's Colts...

It's not mine, but it's my #1 all-time favorite pistol in the world, my Pop's Colt's Combat Commander. He's retired Airborne and has had it since the early '70s. It was his duty sidearm while he served.

Several months back I had an m1911 knife made for him with a matching set of silver-black wood grips for the Combat Commander.

Wow man...awesome story, gun, knife and pics !!

You're real lucky to still have your Dad around...cherish him.

Thanks for sharing...

SHOOTER13 said:
Wow man...awesome story, gun, knife and pics !!

You're real lucky to still have your Dad around...cherish him.

Thanks for sharing...

Thanks Shooter!

I sure am, and I sure do. We've had a few close calls the past year, but he's doin well now. My Pop has always been the man that I hope to become one day. The kind of man that other men look up to for his character, his strenght, and his kindness. The kind of man that inspires other men to be better. He's the foundation that I've tried to build my life upon.

... and I tell him every chance I get too!

Here's some of my favorite 'ponies'...

COLT SAA... 45Colt... 4 3/4" barrel

45PEACEMAKER.jpg

COLT Gold Cup National Match... 45acp... 5" match barrel

COLTGOLDCUP45ACPsmall.jpg

COLT Model 1908 Pocket Hammerless... 380acp...3 3/4" barrel ( circa 1922 )

COLTM1908380ACPsmall.jpg

Man, I really like them ALL!!! Though I'm especially partial to the 1911's! ;)

The Colt 1911 is something I really want (I know I say that regularly...) but the price! Even just a GI govt. is $$$! $800! I rwally wanna find one marked "Property of the US Government" or "Government Property" or whatever it says... mostly just for the cool ness of it, but not necessary.

Ok, a GI, parkerized, govt. Fixed sights.

Sweet Jesus...I could hang with your Dad, SNIPER !!

Awesome lookin' Colt SAA's...they are called the Model P1840 ...but are in actuality 1873's with a black powder frame.

This is what an actual Colt made in 1840 looks like... basically a cap and ball pocket pistol in .31 caliber.

Colt1840pocketpistol31caliber.jpg

...and this is a Colt made in 1851...still a cap and ball in .31 caliber...carried by both sides in the War between the States...

Colt1851BlueandGrey.jpg

(Not trying to steal the show....but I thought you might like to know Bro !! )

Still... really, really nice SNIPER !!

Thank you Sir,

I think they're really cool. He's a great guy to hang out with too. I enjoyed the hell outta runnin around with him this week. That's the only bad part of livin outside my home state. I really wish I lived closer so I could spend more time with the folks, but those are the cards in my hand right now...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
My Pop's matching set of Colts...

Model 1840 Single Action Army, .45lc

These beauties have consecutive serial numbers and have never been rolled...

My husband just drooled on my phone. He was floored.

Yea...consecutive serial numbers and have never been rolled !!
drool.gif

Haha, I just had em out long enough to snap a few pics and document the serial numbers. My Pop had me catalog his entire collection on my last visit. It took the better part of a day to do, but it was awesome!

No Colt posting since 2011? My one and only pony discontinued Officer's S.S. Enhanced in .45acp, it's been my CCW for many years, now semi-retired.

J.jpg

I like that Officers Model. Good choice for a CCW.

The Colt Officers Model was one of only a very few sub-Commander-sized 1911s that anyone ever brought out and they ran right without "issues".

Back