• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CZ

So when I got the CZ it came with this weird little computer looking target. Since then I have looked into it and it’s a proof from the factory on the accuracy from my pistol. The target is a 1:1 ratio representation shot in the factory by shooter 0043. The cross is the point of aim , the circles are actual impact points and the black dot is the mean point of impact or average for shooter 0043.
Untitled-1.jpg

Curiously I shot it 7 o’clock out of the box. I did a windage adjustment, worked on my trigger finger and learned to cover the target with the front dot and now I am pretty much dead on.

IMG_0863.jpg

Basically it shoots a hair more than 2 1/4”(60mm dispersion area) at 25 yards(25 meters) roughly. Bottom I am learning this pistol still and it shoots a little different for me but it’s a good day when a service pistol is capable of this kind of accuracy.

I'll b'danged! I've never seen somethin like that with a pistol before! Thats pretty cool!

Well I sold my quads for a few reasons but to make myself feel better I just ordered some CZ goodness from Cajun Gun Works.

I am getting a hammer kit 4 for decocker pistol, spring kit 1 contains light FP block spring, light FP return spring, 13 lbs hammer spring, (stock 20lbs), light trigger return spring, carbide FP retaining pin to replace the roll pin and a free floating trigger pin to replace the roll pin…….and I am going to do a little more polishing while I am in there.

This is supposed to produce a 7 lbs DA pull and a 3-4 lbs SA creep free pull that is supposed to rival or surpass a worked 1911 trigger with a very fast reset……I’ll let you know how it goes

http://www.cajungunworks.com/spring_kits.html
http://www.cajungunworks.com/cgw_4.html

pix of the process would be greatly commendable.... ;)

oli700 said:
Well I sold my quads for a few reasons but to make myself feel better I just ordered some CZ goodness from Cajun Gun Works.

I am getting a hammer kit 4 for decocker pistol, spring kit 1 contains light FP block spring, light FP return spring, 13 lbs hammer spring, (stock 20lbs), light trigger return spring, carbide FP retaining pin to replace the roll pin and a free floating trigger pin to replace the roll pin…….and I am going to do a little more polishing while I am in there.

This is supposed to produce a 7 lbs DA pull and a 3-4 lbs SA creep free pull that is supposed to rival or surpass a worked 1911 trigger with a very fast reset……I’ll let you know how it goes

http://www.cajungunworks.com/spring_kits.html
http://www.cajungunworks.com/cgw_4.html

Please give us a play-by-play of the upgrade and your impressions! I'm VERY interested in doing something similar to mine, so I'm glad you're going first!!!!! :mrgreen:

Cajun Gun Works is a top notch operation, David is one of the best merchants I have ever come across. You will be extremely pleased with the products & service.

HTC Vision on Tapatalk 2

He was nice on the phone. I forgot to order the trigger return spring and pin , he was so fast getting the stuff out that the main package was in the mail when I called telling him what I forgot. He said no problem, threw it in the mail that day and didn’t charge me a penny for shipping.

oli700 said:
He was nice on the phone. I forgot to order the trigger return spring and pin , he was so fast getting the stuff out that the main package was in the mail when I called telling him what I forgot. He said no problem, threw it in the mail that day and didn’t charge me a penny for shipping.

And to top it off, he answers his phone in the evenings and will walk through the work if need be, he charged me next to nothing for Canadian shipping but the packages were small; he is a unique individual that reinforces my faith in my fellow man. I did the race hammer on my Sp-01 Shadow, the floating trigger pin, the adjustable sear and the trigger lightened spring. It's a dream to fire, just as crisp but much lighter trigger pull. In addition, when you compare his prices and workmanship and personal service, he may just be the best game in town. If I had another CZ I would buy more stuff from him, lol!

Well it all in and it feels great. It feels as good as any 1911 I have shot or messed with . My FIL had an SR1911 here yesterday and the CZ feels better. The take up is real light and the is 0 creep I can feel and I can’t visually detect any camming of the hammer. It has a nice light crisp break. The SR1911 has a good clean break but it is twice as heavy of a pull to get it to break. The CZ feels closer to 3lbs than 4 on SA. The DA pull is better than it was and the extra polishing I did while I had it apart was worth the effort and all movement of the trigger components is very smooth. With the new FP block spring the lifting of the block on the trigger pull is undetectable by me……anyway here are some pics.

The parts.
IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

Take down.
IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

First problem, to remove the sear cage without letting the sear cage fall apart on a decocker model CZ you must use a slave pin. The slave pin is driven in through the right hand side pushing the oem pin out the left side. Design changes left me with a right side hole .0002” to small for the CGW supplied slave pin so I used a Q-Tip stem cut to size
IMG_0923.jpg

Sear cage out of frame being held together with a Q-Tip stem
IMG_0925.jpg

Hammer strut assembly
IMG_0926.jpg

Stripped frame
IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

Slide take down
IMG_0932.jpg

When the Firing Pin retaining pin came out of the slide It showed all kinds of damage from dry firing , I was very surprised. It was replaced with the CGW carbide pin.
IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

Release the FP from the block
IMG_0936.jpg

FP,FP block, FP retaining pin and the CGW replace ment reduced power springs
IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

FP channel was grubby probably from the factory
IMG_0940.jpg

New carbide pin
IMG_0942.jpg

Hammer, you can see the difference in the hooks, CGW on the left
IMG_0944.jpg

New hammer and disconnector installed on the hammer strut
IMG_0945.jpg

Polishing of under the trigger bar and the sear cage/trigger bar mating surfaces
IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

New trigger return spring and floating pin
IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

I am left speechless...

Maybe when some more of that really outstanding workmanship/collaboration between Oli and CGW sinks in I can make some sort of literate response.

It is simply stunning.

Back