• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CZ

MossLvR said:
Well, I put a 1000 rounds of Speer Lawman TMJ, 400 @ 115gr & 600 @ 124 gr at 28 yards through my 2011 Shadow over the last 10 days, yee-haw!

No FTEs, no FTFs at all (11# recoil spring and 13# main(hammer) spring, SS recoil rod were changes I made prior to shooting). The slide failed to lock open exactly 4 times in that 1000 rounds but chamber and mag was empty. All in all, I am quite pleased with this firearm and my groups were 8-11 inches at 28 yards.
I have an order in for a Steyr M9 A1 that I should get in a few, as I tried one at the range and just loved the balance and grip. I can't wait! This will be my only polymer I think :D

Nice pic there mister_e!

Nice , How do you like that spring combo?

nitesite said:
Did I mention that I inadvertently dropped mine onto concrete from about 5' a couple weeks ago?

Uh oh....did ums fall down , go boom? ;)

Kidding. Did it survive ok? Nothing major I hope...not to mention it could have went off? Idk....

oli700 said:
MossLvR said:
Well, I put a 1000 rounds of Speer Lawman TMJ, 400 @ 115gr & 600 @ 124 gr at 28 yards through my 2011 Shadow over the last 10 days, yee-haw!

No FTEs, no FTFs at all (11# recoil spring and 13# main(hammer) spring, SS recoil rod were changes I made prior to shooting). The slide failed to lock open exactly 4 times in that 1000 rounds but chamber and mag was empty. All in all, I am quite pleased with this firearm and my groups were 8-11 inches at 28 yards.
I have an order in for a Steyr M9 A1 that I should get in a few, as I tried one at the range and just loved the balance and grip. I can't wait! This will be my only polymer I think :D

Nice pic there mister_e!

Nice , How do you like that spring combo?

I find the trigger pull smooth and crisp and the firearm handles well with that combo. I will try a 13# recoil spring next 1000...

nitesite said:
Did I mention that I inadvertently dropped mine onto concrete from about 5' a couple weeks ago?
Ouch!!!!!

I barely gave it a once over glance to make sure the sights weren't screwed and saw a small scuff but really didn't care much. I've stated that it will be treated harshly now and then so it was just a minor event.

And no, there's no way it could have gone off. I don't know of a modern handgun of any brand which can actually go off when just dropped. :)

I like my CZ more and more every time I shoot it! oli700 says he's become a brand snob and I totally get it. Best kept secret in the gun world IMHO.

nitesite said:
I've stated that it will be treated harshly now and then so it was just a minor event.

I remember you saying that, but DAMN! Throwing it onto concrete is some tough love brother... :lol:

MossLvR said:
I have an order in for a Steyr M9 A1 that I should get in a few, as I tried one at the range and just loved the balance and grip.

I was a little bitter when you got a Shadow……I love the Tac but the Shadow is a touch sweeter on the inside……but now a Styer on top of that…the only plastic gun I feel I must have ……I hate you and not because you are Canadian

oli700 said:
MossLvR said:
I have an order in for a Steyr M9 A1 that I should get in a few, as I tried one at the range and just loved the balance and grip.

I was a little bitter when you got a Shadow……I love the Tac but the Shadow is a touch sweeter on the inside……but now a Styer on top of that…the only plastic gun I feel I must have ……I hate you and not because you are Canadian
Honesty works for me, DAYUM!!!!!! :lol: :grin:

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

Haven’t had time to shoot so I took some pictures of it messing around cleaning, thought you all would enjoy seeing it in more detail.

Those CZ's look great! I have been thinking about adding a couple of them to my stable of Sigs for a while now. Can someone speak for reliability of CZ's? I know of only one guy I met at a range, he is active military, that owns one. He couldn't say enough good things about them. I have the bug for a CZ!

I only have exp with the SP-01. I haven’t had it for very long but I got about 1000 rounds though it. Those include 3 different reload recipes with many kinds of brass mixed in, UMC, WWB, Golden Sabers, AE and not even a hint of a problem.
IMG_0717.jpg

The U.S. Army "Mean Rounds Between Failure" (MRBF) requirement is 495 rounds for 9mm pistols. During testing of the CZ P-01, the average number of stoppages was only 7 per 15,000 rounds fired.

I haven’t owned a service pistol I like more, and I have a bunch of revolvers and a Contender system.....I probably wouldn’t trade my CZ for. My only other service pistols I have or had are a P85 in 45,OLD Llama 1911 in 38 super, P89 in 9mm(stolen),Sigma 9mm.I have shot many kinds that I wouldn’t trade for, however I haven’t shot a Sig or a Beretta……go figure lol. I have shot two HK USP 45’s ….no offence to owners, I like them but wouldn’t trade two of them for my CZ…..maybe to sell and buy another CZ and have a bunch of cash left over
Once I got used to the point of impact style of sighting, like an HK, I can shoot the tack holding the target at will at 7 yards off hand. Doesn’t sound like a long way but I am not that good of a pistol shot so for me that is real good. I can get a bullet on a 3x3 foot target at 40 yards off hand, they are all over the place but they do hit.
Again I only have Exp with the SP-01 but the recoil feels about like somewhere between a 32 and a 380. The weight and tight construction scrubs felt recoil a lot . I didn’t realize how much till I watched a little phone video clip of me shooting a deer head I found as a hillbilly ballistics test of some +P Golden Sabers I haven’t shot before…….I’ll post it so you can see the lack of recoil part…… just click it.

Thanks for the vid, looks like very low recoil. I'm going to search around town and see what I can find. Thanks again.

phxjohn said:
Thanks for the vid, looks like very low recoil. I'm going to search around town and see what I can find. Thanks again.

I am luvin' my Shadow SP-01 and it eats everything I have fed it, it's also downright accurate. Check out CZcustom and Cajun Gun Works, even czfirearms.us, for more info.
this part of the post is for my buddy oli700, got my poly-Steyr this week and put 200 through it this morning....cleaning now and will start a thread with pics and a report some time this week ;) :D :p :twisted:

Back