• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

End of the world!

gonzo

If something happened right now and the world ended. And you could only have 2 of the firearms you already own with you. Which two would you bring? I'm guessing most people will say something for hunting and something for self defence. Just curious to see what everyone says :)

gonzo said:
Now I feel like an idiot. Can I delete this? Or can a moderator delete it for me?

No need to feel that way, it happens, if you hadn't read the thread you would not know based on the heading title.

Like Mike wrote, don't sweat it. It's actually a great question and elicited good responses.

I would like to answer that question if I may.

I can't limit myself to only two.

Not even if I had to.

:)

Given the proposition, I'd have to say my bp pistol and Penn Longrifle. I know how to make black powder, and have the molds to cast round balls. Cartridges may become pretty rare; but lead, and the ingredients for BP will be around for a long time. And I have a few thousand caps for both. :) Besides, you don't really need a gun for meat. We did fine before gunpowder was invented, just using bows, atlatl's, and traps. Btw, how many of y'all know how to trap a deer?

Well considering I myself only own 2 guns at the moment... I would grab my 500 and my px4.

Question Is ...2 Guns.
Answer - My 20GA Pump Shotgun & .357 Lever Action Rifle.
I Can Pack a Lot of Ammo 4 these in a Hunting Vest & Pistol Belt.
But Since 2 are Never Enough, I'd Have my SA .357 Pistol on the Pistol Belt Too.
Plus I'd Grab my Box of Snares & My Compound Bow.
Didn't Say Anything about Non Firearms & These are Reusable.
Snares Are a Must Item for Any B.O.B.
UncleSarge58

If something happened right now and the world ended. And you could only have 2 of the firearms you already own with you. Which two would you bring? I'm guessing most people will say something for hunting and something for self defence. Just curious to see what everyone says

Ok not to state the obvious, but if the world ended, who would be left to complain about it? :eek::rolleyes: . I think you mean if civilization (however you define that) was degraded to some previous state, how would you cope? I don't know. I might just say to hell with it and eat a bullet depending on the circumstances. There have been civilization bottlenecks in the past, during which the human species was reduced to a few thousand souls scattered around the globe.

If the world ended, there would be no need for firearms. Besides, i would prefer to have CHUCK NORRIS with me then any measly firearm.

There have been civilization bottlenecks in the past, during which the human species was reduced to a few thousand souls scattered around the globe.

Could be Ebola that gets us there:eek:

I'm with John on this one... I would have to go the Rick Grimes style and grab two bags of guns... you never know what parts/ammo you my scrounge up along the way. Without narrowing to a specific type I would crab my carbine and a pistol... both in standard NATO ammo (or whatever is widely available...)

Besides... you said how I could only grab 2.... my wife and kids can each carry a few as well;)

I don't know. I might just say to hell with it and eat a bullet depending on the circumstances.
you don't mean that, quitters do that. You took an oath to die in a pile of brass many moons ago. I still believe you are under oath and you would do everyone around you a disservice. A lot of value in your experiences

The question is as hard as it gets.

Never thought I would say this but one would be my Glock 29.
The pistol really is a jack of all trades
Since there are no other stipulations in the question I would continue the reload for in in a cave.
The ammo for it would be the weakness, would be real hard to find, and proper 10mm might be near impossible.
With proper power ammo it is entirely capable of 50 yard one shot kills on deer if needed, concealable, carries 10/15 rounds, reliable, and for me one choice has to be a handgun just for personal protection at all times
But end of the world as we know it doesn't mean your in a shootout everyday. If we were in conflict I might change my mind to my CZ75 SP-01

Second would be my AR.
They say the round isn't a reliable hunting round for deer and up. But placement is where an AR does well and from a rest I can put a round in the breadbasket of a deer or elk with ease at 300 yards and guarantee a harvest. If it doesn't checkout I am certain he wont make it far and die or I will catch him and finish it, unless I miss lol

Ammo is plentiful, compact and a good logistical choice for transportation and stashing, since we are in make believe I would run nothing but 77gr HPBT at NATO speed and M855, that would cover most situations.

Follow up shots are blistering fast and accurate, one could make up for the lack of mass in 5.56 with a couple quick follow up shots....but your shooting more rounds so....

As everyone knows it is a proven effective fighting gun, with todays ammo components and AR parts manufactures they are more reliable than ever, capable of close quarters fighting to proven repeatable accuracy and lethality to 600+ yards using the right projectile, with iron sights.

Everything has a trade off and I accept those in my choices

you don't mean that, quitters do that. You took an oath to die in a pile of brass many moons ago. I still believe you are under oath and you would do everyone around you a disservice. A lot of value in your experiences

No, I don't. Just expressing some frustration, pissedoffedness.

Back