• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

End of the world!

Just a thought. If the SHTF in the form of say an EMP that knocks out the entire grid, there just isn't enough wild game out there to feed us all. Some areas are going to be hunted out fairly quickly. And anywhere close to a population concentration...forget it. Large percentages of folks are going to starve. :( Wouldn't take very long, either. Take care. Tom Worthington

^ Yeah, but about 75% of the population will starve to death waiting in line for the grocery stores or fast food joints to open...

One of the biggest threats I face is all the people who say they're bugging out of the city and going to the country. If they really do, I'm in for a world of trouble.

While I don't mind the productive ones like cmcdonald (hell, I'd have to issue him a FAL), most think they're just going to come in here to this area and take what they want. Land, food, water, whatever. They think: "I have a bad ass gun and a kazillion rounds of ammo, I will take what I want because those hillbilly's are too stupid or lazy to do anything about it".

I can't count on both hands the times I've heard, I'm leaving the city and going to the country.

Newsflash, it ain't going down like that folks.

I'm not above eating flatlander stew. Probably taste like chicken anyway and I ain't starvin'.

I'm not above eating flatlander stew. Probably taste like chicken anyway and I ain't starvin'.

They'll be plenty to eat then.

Probably only 1% of the folks that try would make it more than ten miles through the back country in your neck of the woods...

In all honesty and fairness, it can be brutal and unforgiving. Even setting aside the terrain itself, the regular 85% summer humidity and freezing winters are harsh to say the least. Just the temperatures alone can range anywhere from -10 to +115 or more.

There are a lot of tourists that come in here to ride some of our famous atv trails in some of the parks.

Every single week (more on some of the special 3 day weekend holiday rides), someone is being airlifted because they don't know how to ride on steep inclines and 50 and 60 degree angles and they end up about killing themselves.

Or as is sometimes the case, succeeding.

But this is all just hypothetical talk, right?

In all honesty and fairness, it can be brutal and unforgiving. Even setting aside the terrain itself, the regular 85% summer humidity and freezing winters are harsh to say the least. Just the temperatures alone can range anywhere from -10 to +115 or more.

There are a lot of tourists that come in here to ride some of our famous atv trails in some of the parks.

Every single week (more on some of the special 3 day weekend holiday rides), someone is being airlifted because they don't know how to ride on steep inclines and 50 and 60 degree angles and they end up about killing themselves.

Or as is sometimes the case, succeeding.
First off....OMG!! YOU'D LET ME TOUCH, FONDLE, AND USE YOUR FAL!!! Excuse me I need a moment....

Ok, I'm good now. Doesn't take much....

Anyway, I think most of us that have actually put some serious thought, time and money into any preparations have already figured it's going to very tough and ugly.

The others...I think they grossly overestimate their abilities and underestimate the difficulties.

LOL

That was priceless. That's the hardest I've laughed in a long while.

In all seriousness, you'd probably be better off where you're at. The atmosphere in this country has been pegging the suck meter for a while now and getting worse every time you turn on the tv or read the news.

On topic, most folks where I am just want to be left alone, and not be bothered. Why else would we live where we do, and how we do if we didn't?

It would be prudent for outsiders to respect that. There are many in my area that have ties to this land for longer than the united states has even existed and people aren't going to take the time to explain how it is. Especially if it's bad enough to be living off the land.

It's a matter of protecting your birthright. Like a junkyard dog protecting his territory.

You wouldn't want a flash mob in your house eating up everything in your kitchen, and people wouldn't want roving bands of outsiders eating their fish and apples in their communities either.

There is not a lot difference between the two really.

Agreed. Trouble is where I am there isn't much to defend or protect. Other than my aging folks whom I pray never see that day...we'd be bugging out.

I have contacts in more remote and rural places...I do believe that is the better plan. On the chance of sounding like a loonie, I've actually made loose agreements with like-minded friends for evac plans in the event of a worst case scenario. I hope it never comes.

Sometimes I think maybe we should have a code phrase, so should we come across each other in a type of situation like that. We don't take each other out as an "outsider"

FWIW, if the end of the "world" does come so to speak, I figure I'm gonna head for one of three places depending on ease of passage.....

1) John A's house cuz I figure we could fend off zombie hordes or an army there.

2) Oli's place cuz he's just a bada$$ mofo and when $hite hits the fan I figure him and his even more bada$$ dog are a good bet. Not only that, when rebuilding happens...Oli will likely be the new president.

3) AK's place cuz it's likely no one in their right mind will want to come and invade Alaska and the zombies will be turned to frozen popsicles.

Jus sayin....:D
Better stay on this coast, Google a night satellite image of the good ol USA.
The east 1/3 holds most of North Americas population.
There are only so many places to "bug out" east of the Mississippi River.
most people don't have a plan for this , but they know they hear "bug out" a lot so that must be the thing to do .....and I hear people go to the woods. Per population overload there is enough to people to occupy all available bug out spots with the ratio of one person per square foot of available unoccupied ground.

Your in a good spot, if something unimaginable happens you can have whatever if you network now

If you HAD to go , go over to AK.....better have friends though , that place will kill you overnight in about 10 ways ......only 8 ways in the summer and an AR15 won't get you out of it.

Lol prez....it would be like Trump but not as cheesy lol......if you like me over text you would get a hoot out of me in person but I doubt you would want to follow me to the corner store

usa_canada_carribbean_lights_700x339.jpg

Maybe we need to convince our fellow "bacon" lovers to come out west and north!

My earlier post was really just made in fun. The plan is to bug out of the urban centre and regroup at the family cabin. From there it's only a matter of time before we'd have to keep moving north.

Our biggest logistical problems here...rivers and mountains. Which leaves few land routes in and out. I don't own a boat and I don't really care to...but it might become a necessity. However, the boat will only do so much good as you get further north by a few hours...the rivers are nearly impassible they're so fast and violent. Meaning you have to switch back to land and now you're without wheels. Now you're into trying to "procure" wheels from rednecks, such as myself. You see the problem?!? The terrain here is daunting to say the least.

Mmmmmmmmmm...BACON !!

Me... I just gonna hunker down with my guns, ammo, water, food, and cover.

Got perimeter fences...three bales of razor wire to string out...motion detection cameras and lights...and plenty of 1/4 sticks wrapped with nails...just come and get some...

Sure as hell won't find me in a traffic jam on the interstate with people who don't know what their doing trying to escape to nowhere fast...

Chances of me actually making it from central Indiana, to the pacific northwest, after gathering immediate family from 60 miles away, pretty slim. More than likely my little homestead will be overrun by the roving hoardes, and i'll expire in some kind of a desperate firefight. Should i ever actally have to take off on the move, Ill start heading south. In a desperate search for Bacon. If i make I make it through kentucky, and across tennesee, i'll head west.

Short of NBC attack, I'm not going far.

Bacon is welcome before you turn right and go west.

You'll have a place to lay your head, rest your feet and fill your canteens

Back